Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By 1200plates Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:17 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote::worthy:
1200plates wrote:

I can defintely drive down Highway 101 with a fly female in a blunt to this. I don't know if you're from Cali, but this is definetly California music.

Man, thanks very much for the positive feedback!
I'm glad you like it, I don't have much confidence in my beats which is why I always lay cuts over the top of them :-D
I'm from the U.K but I do listen to a lot of music from Cali so maybe I got influenced.
I really wish I did live in Cali though! Constant sunshine sounds like it would be nice.
By 1200plates Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:21 pm
saltmcgault wrote:1200 welcome :smoker: lookin forward to listening to your entry. Props on the win weapon! Not sure about this weeks battle but i’ll see what i can come up with.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm also looking forward to checking out your beats. :-D
By pk1 Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:44 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
I picked this sample becuase P wanted it to be challenging. I saw Boonie Mayfiled flip the "Reaching Out" joint like an acrobat, and I don't know how he heard the elements that he heard in the song, but it came out gangster. .

Cause Boonie is mad dope. always wondered why he never really went further with his production career. He has a few good sample packs out now. Ive always like ol boonie. corny ass internet personality he has. Nice little ditty you picked for us too thx Weapon.
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:54 am
dez perado wrote:Drums courtesy of my washing machine,flickering lighter, and plastic bottle banging on a garbage can and tub.

:lol:
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 am
dez perado wrote:Drums courtesy of my washing machine,flickering lighter, and plastic bottle banging on a garbage can and tub.

i got a pretty nasty kick from smackin my air max’s together earlier and putting a low lpf on it.
By saltmcgault Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:24 am
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:1200 welcome :smoker: lookin forward to listening to your entry. Props on the win weapon! Not sure about this weeks battle but i’ll see what i can come up with.

Thanks..and thank you everybody for the feedback. That was an impressive last round, and dope samples.

I picked this sample becuase P wanted it to be challenging. I saw Boonie Mayfiled flip the "Reaching Out" joint like an acrobat, and I don't know how he heard the elements that he heard in the song, but it came out gangster. Its not challenging to make a beat out of the sample, but its challanging to make some heat from it.

is it on black kool-aid?
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:50 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:
is it on black kool-aid?

Here's BoonDoc flipping the sample.

By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 pm
Welcome to the boards 1200plates, good to have you here, look forward to give your track a listen :smoker:

(Off topic - Are you the dude that runs the 1200 plates company?)

Happy Independence Day to my American peeps :smoker:

All done on the MPC2500 using only the sample and a couple of breaks.... You See It? I don't only a load of shit :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

By dez perado Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:20 am
Same to you Psych
By pk1 Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:50 am
And Happy Independence Day to you brothers as well.

Im VERY grateful for what freedom we Do have. May we fight With honor to regain stolen..
By 1200plates Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Welcome to the boards 1200plates, good to have you here, look forward to give your track a listen :smoker:

(Off topic - Are you the dude that runs the 1200 plates company?)

Happy Independence Day to my American peeps :smoker:

All done on the MPC2500 using only the sample and a couple of breaks.... You See It? I don't only a load of **** :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

Hey, thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated dude.
It's cool that you've heard of 1200 plates!! :shock: you're correct!!
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:49 am

***WARNING** snare is loud asf.. under estimated the volume on that. ***WARNING***

I hope everybody had a good 4th of July. I know i did.. the bottom of my toes are scrathed raw from throwing up football passes to myself while jumping off a diving board. That shit is harder than it sounds but i have it down pat now. I scratched the cookie sheet snare and the airmax kick.. it turns out they sounded like shit. :lol: I did add some tamborine action though. I'm looking forward to running your guys entries through a couple times and hopefully give some feedback on them.
Last edited by saltmcgault on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.