Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

N/A
N/A
25%
25%
50%
By pk1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:14 pm
Alright lets see what we have for tracks this week.

Vote will run for two days.
The only rule is we don't vote for self.
{Strictly cause there is not enough of us voting. its usually just us.]

Winner please have a sample and rules ready on wed night

Dez nyce

Educationally Subnormal

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

QuickStrike

MPCWeapon1

Let us know what you thought of the tracks..

good luck fellas :popcorn:
By Jpyfrom Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:29 pm
Feedback - I am trying to offer my view and make it constructive. Please don't take it offensively.

Dez Nyce - I found the drums too syncopated for my ears. Liked the sample treatment though
Me - I time boxed myself. The drums get boring to me. Tried to mix it up a bit at the dub section but ran out off time. Need to get better at chopping samples. Also need to think about production...
Psychedelic schizophrenic - needed a bit more variation to me but again liked the sample chop and production.
Quick Strike: liked it. Nice variation and use of the sample. Maybe more needed within it.
Mpc Weapon - the organ riff on every loop got annoying about midday in but I get why you left it in, difficult to drop out.

My vote went to quick strike. Top work folks, looking forward to the next one.
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm
Jpyfrom wrote:Feedback - I am trying to offer my view and make it constructive. Please don't take it offensively.

Dez Nyce - I found the drums too syncopated for my ears. Liked the sample treatment though
Me - I time boxed myself. The drums get boring to me. Tried to mix it up a bit at the dub section but ran out off time. Need to get better at chopping samples. Also need to think about production...
Psychedelic schizophrenic - needed a bit more variation to me but again liked the sample chop and production.
Quick Strike: liked it. Nice variation and use of the sample. Maybe more needed within it.
Mpc Weapon - the organ riff on every loop got annoying about midday in but I get why you left it in, difficult to drop out.

My vote went to quick strike. Top work folks, looking forward to the next one.

That bass line needed a response to make it work. I could have created a better response, but they don’t want us writing any music outside the sample so I let the organ rock.

I’m proud of myself. That sample was trash, and I was creative enough to make some Gangsta shit out of it. I had to make 3 different beats before I perfected my musical expression with that sample, but I got there... I gotta pat myself on the back for that.

Nice work everybody!
By Jpyfrom Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:39 pm
Completely agree and wasnt a knock guv honest. Just providing feedback as per the ask. Huge respect to you all
By Jpyfrom Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 am
@MPCWeapon1 - owe you an apology. This is classic context schoolboy error. I didn't mean "annoying" in the classic sense. If we were speaking f2f you would have been able to pick the subtlety up. My only excuse is writing the review on phone and got tired of scrolling up and down and listening and typing to review. So I got lazy.

So apologies and will try harder in future
By MPCWeapon1 Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:56 pm
Jpyfrom wrote:@MPCWeapon1 - owe you an apology. This is classic context schoolboy error. I didn't mean "annoying" in the classic sense. If we were speaking f2f you would have been able to pick the subtlety up. My only excuse is writing the review on phone and got tired of scrolling up and down and listening and typing to review. So I got lazy.

So apologies and will try harder in future

No apologies necessary. I understood what you meant. It was a good observation.

That sample was trash from a hip hop perspective though. The only way I could make it funky is with a call & response. So the guitar and bass line phrases were the call and the organ was the response.

Who knows if I ever make a song out of that beat I would take the organ out in some spots and bring it back in on the outro, but for a little beat battle I’ll let that organ rock through the whole beat.
By saltmcgault Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:03 pm
Nice tracks. I tried to sit down and **** with it but couldnt get anything going that i liked. it was a toss up between psych and weapon this round. I went with weapon he had alot going on in that one. Props to you guys for working out an entry with that one!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 pm
Jpyfrom wrote:Psychedelic schizophrenic - needed a bit more variation to me but again liked the sample chop and production.

Thanks for the feedback mate it appreciated. It was a quick one hour time limit this week as work/life is getting in the way of doing anything properly beat wise lately. Fully agree with your feedback it was JJOS grid edit/copy and paste quick beat that lacked any decent build ups and changes to switch variation in the track.

Hopefully it will all calm down and I can get back to not rushing anything but it a darn good way to learn your machine inside out/improve your workflow and also you can make everyone else listen to your cack entry :lol:

Good first entry by the way and everyone else did a good job. My vote went to MPCWeapon for this round :smoker:
By pk1 Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:35 pm
Quicks track was super cool. way different
don't have time to break everybody down
i had to go with weapon as well third time was the charm man. nice job.

I got your samples thanks for being on it. ill post next round now.