Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:44 pm
Congrats goes out to MPCWeapon
nice track last round!

He brings sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k75u43kf8r7u9r9/AACRapJzOCNw5GvqkEP314F0a?dl=0

Rules:"The framework of the beat has to made with the sample. ouside instruments can be used to add color to the beat(e.g. bass, keys, leads, and pads,)"

Battle runs till Monday night the 20th
good luck y'all :nod:
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:29 pm
What’s up fellas. Thanks for the feedback and the votes. Last round’s win caught me off guard.

The sample is from Carlos Santana. Santana has jewels, but you have to have a good ear. Like when Dr. Dre sampled “Fried Chicken & Neckbones” from Santana to create “Murda was the Case”. If you have a good ear for samples you can make some heat with Santana’s music. This should challenge everybody’s ear for sampling.

Good luck everybody...peace.
By pk1 Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:41 pm
A challenge it is.... at least you let us use some instruments..
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:23 pm
Congrats on the win MPCWeapon, hopefully will get down to getting something cooking for this round
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Congrats on the win MPCWeapon, hopefully will get down to getting something cooking for this round

Thanks.

PK called the sample soft and "faggity" :lol:. He was on point with his opinion though because Santana wrote that piece in D minor. The key of D minor is known to elicit feminine and 'womanily" emotions.
By saltmcgault Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:19 pm
yea this selection for a sample is also pretty trashy. :shock: I like Santana and I have this on vinyl. I'm gonna **** with it and see if I can get something cooking on this. Its definitely going to be a challenge Congrats on the 208 win weapon.
By pk1 Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:31 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:PK called the sample soft and "faggity" :lol:. He was on point with his opinion though because Santana wrote that piece in D minor. The key of D minor is known to elicit feminine and 'womanily" emotions.

:smoker: When i received the sample i let it play. thats when i thought "damn there is no real instrumentation going on in this song.. and its shit, eighties style, white man blues.. its going to be a challenge.."
Then, like always i throw it in keyfinder.

Now you wanna come throw jokes..So to dbl check. i throw it in RiffStation. Same result. so i checked it online. same finding. You must have to much of that min D on your thoughts. Cause that track is Am :mrgreen:
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:47 pm
saltmcgault wrote:yea this selection for a sample is also pretty trashy. :shock: I like Santana and I have this on vinyl. I'm gonna **** with it and see if I can get something cooking on this. Its definitely going to be a challenge Congrats on the 208 win weapon.

The musical elements are there. Make several beats, you’ll eventually find your “voice” with that sample.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:57 pm
pk1 wrote:
MPCWeapon1 wrote:PK called the sample soft and "faggity" :lol:. He was on point with his opinion though because Santana wrote that piece in D minor. The key of D minor is known to elicit feminine and 'womanily" emotions.

:smoker: When i received the sample i let it play. thats when i thought "damn there is no real instrumentation going on in this song.. and its ****, eighties style, white man blues.. its going to be a challenge.."
Then, like always i throw it in keyfinder.

Now you wanna come throw jokes..So to dbl check. i throw it in RiffStation. Same result. so i checked it online. same finding. You must have to much of that min D on your thoughts. Cause that track is Am :mrgreen:

Technically it’s Am because of the progression. The Dm7 guitar chords with the A-String is what really establishes the tonality and emotion of the song though.
The Dm7 guitar chords set the whole song off.

It’s really a moot point though because A minor and D minor theoritcally Have close to the same feminine emotional characteristics.
By saltmcgault Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:07 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:yea this selection for a sample is also pretty trashy. :shock: I like Santana and I have this on vinyl. I'm gonna **** with it and see if I can get something cooking on this. Its definitely going to be a challenge Congrats on the 208 win weapon.

The musical elements are there. Make several beats, you’ll eventually find your “voice” with that sample.

Ive been listening to it on repeat for the most part of today t work. i think i have an idea of what i want to do. Gonna be fun going through all my records tryin to find the mf'er. I know i have it but not sure where.
By Jpyfrom Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:00 am
Good work on the win, good challenge!! Might struggle with time on this one.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:11 pm
Jpyfrom wrote:Good work on the win, good challenge!! Might struggle with time on this one.

Thanks..appreciate it. 8)