Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

N/A
10%
20%
10%
10%
30%
N/A
20%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm
Another dope round of entries. Usual rules as per normal, the vote will run for 2 days (Thursday) and obviously you all know by now but don’t vote for yourself.

As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc. Can the winner please have a sample ready for us for Thursday, so we can keep these rolling smoothly.

Enough of the chat so it's time to check out these tracks.

MPCWeapon

QuickStrike

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

PK1

Chrome Owl

Dez perado

Kabull

Saltmcgault

Good luck :smoker:
By pk1 Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:49 pm
i was just building this. my bluetooth keyboard was acting up so i restarted and boom you had this up.

Thx Psych
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:10 pm
These were dope beats. Y’all made me want to go back to the lab and cook up something else. I didn’t have time to do it though.

I heard everybody beats on headphones. If I had to vote now it would Be for Quickstrike because the way he kept your ears busy by the way the beat was arranged, but I’ll wait to play the beats on the big speakers before I vote.
By Chrome Owl Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:53 pm
MPCWeapon - Those strings fit nice, could use a little more variation in the middle of the track, but otherwise good mix.
Quickstrike - Wild flip, good work on that one.
Psych Schizo - Real smooth, could use a little something else to keep it going, but solid for a quick one.
Viking - Dope! You always got your drums sitting nice. Good work!
Dez Nyce - Interesting flip, dope chops, where did that organ/string sound come from? crazy...
Kabull - Some nice textures in there, could use more overall loudness and some more thump on the drums.
Saltmcgault - Nice, low key dirty. Dig it!

Dez Nyce really caught my ear, Viking close 2nd.
By pk1 Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:48 am
nice tracks.
really felt Dez, Quicks, And the Hungry-OWL.
By dez perado Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:26 am
I went with Chrome Owl on this one. QuickStrike, and PK were my runner ups. Overall every single person made some heat out of that sample that i know i hated at first. Good work.
By saltmcgault Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:12 pm
i narrowed it down between dez and pk. i voted for pk i thought his entry was bangin. i think everyone used the samples very well.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:56 pm
pk1 wrote:i was just building this. my bluetooth keyboard was acting up so i restarted and boom you had this up.

Thx Psych

No worries :smoker:

Chrome Owl wrote:Psych Schizo - Real smooth, could use a little something else to keep it going, but solid for a quick one.

Thanks for the feedback mate, yeah I totally agree it was missing something maybe if I had time a nice bassline would of done it nicely

QuickStrike wrote:I voted for Psychedelic Schizophrenic.

Thanks Quick :smoker:

Man it was a tough one as everyone brought some dopeness from the sample we all thought was total cack :lol:

It came down to Chrome Owl, Quickstrike, Salt and PK1 for me this week.............. My vote went to Salt this round..... Really digged the nice vibes on the chop.... Congrats mate :smoker:
By pk1 Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:01 am
how did Salts beat get switched out with his stbb?
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:00 am
I had to go to Salt's page to peep his beat, but that's where my vote went this week. Good job, everyone.
By pk1 Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:26 am
one important fact id like to share.. and a cpl of you been around long enough to have seen it in past as well..
Generally when a "CACK' (don't know what it means but i dig it) sample is dropped. like everybody thinks its shit... those are the battles when only two maybe three beats get posted. Everybody posted up and stood for the challenge. Thats big ups for all of you..thanks for the challenge Weapon1. A surprisingly dope round.
By saltmcgault Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:10 am
pk1 wrote:how did Salts beat get switched out with his stbb?

welp we all know what that means... i win by default and a mpc live to go with that!!! :lol: jk....jk.
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:00 am
pk1 wrote: one important fact id like to share.. and a cpl of you been around long enough to have seen it in past as well..
Generally when a "CACK' (don't know what it means but i dig it) sample is dropped. like everybody thinks its ****... those are the battles when only two maybe three beats get posted. Everybody posted up and stood for the challenge. Thats big ups for all of you..thanks for the challenge Weapon1. A surprisingly dope round.

When I dig in the crates those are the type of samples I look for..Samples that are hidden in plain sight. Records with hip hop elements, but no phrases to loop.

If I hear a record with a lot of dope musical phrases I just assume a thousand of other producers across the country already sampled the record before.

Which makes me happy that initially Everybody thought the sample was wack, because I know I’m picking the right records. :smoker:

I didn’t think there would be as many dope beats this challenge though. Good work y’all. :nod:
By Jpyfrom Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:12 am
Quality entries folks.

Apologies for not getting one up, I went down the rabbit hole of sequencing analogue synths and glitch delays for the time I get on music this week. Still not fully out off that hole - more experimentation then producing anything really.
Went for quckstrike.