Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 pm
Whats good fellas... Nice work by all last round.

Horbid sent me a samle. and i threw in a old Persian funk track back when iranians could make music.

So Lets run this battle with simple rules.

Track needs to be uploaded using soundcloud or youtube.
post link of track in this thread.
Must use Something from both provided samples.
Track needs to be centered around samples provided.
outside bass = Ok
Outside instruments/vst ok
deck work= ok
No acapellas unless used for chorus.
must have fun killing what ever you throw at us... :mrgreen:

Samples:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k75u43kf8r7u9r9/AACRapJzOCNw5GvqkEP314F0a?dl=0

Battle runs for one week regardless of submissions. MIDNIGHT Nov 5TH we will be diligent about this.
good luck everyone and let me know if there is a problem with link or understanding any rules.
hope to here some Bangers!
By saltmcgault Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:16 am
:nod: dope ass sample selection.
By saltmcgault Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:25 pm
Horbid Grotter wrote:Used both samples

damn you don't waste any time. :lol:
By Horbid Grotter Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:16 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Horbid Grotter wrote:Used both samples

damn you don't waste any time. :lol:

Just put this together since uploading that last one. This one is for Yoni Den's Friendly Battle over at STBB. Are you entering that Salt? There's some really nice samples man!

By saltmcgault Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:27 pm
Horbid Grotter wrote:
Just put this together since uploading that last one. This one is for Yoni Den's Friendly Battle over at STBB. Are you entering that Salt? There's some really nice samples man!

I seen the topic but never read it. I might I have the full weekend off. I want jump up to get beat down in this round here. so if I have time I may,
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:15 pm
Dope samples :smoker:

I had an hour free this afternoon and knocked this up quickly on the 2500

Horbid Grotter wrote:Just put this together since uploading that last one. This one is for Yoni Den's Friendly Battle over at STBB. Are you entering that Salt? There's some really nice samples man!

I might jump on it if I find time too :smoker:
By dez perado Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 am
By pk1 Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:08 pm
Glad ya'll dug the sample.

By saltmcgault Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:55 am

Going through some type of beat block phase.. :hmmm: but **** it, here it is. It was still fun though. :smoker:
By pk1 Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:13 pm
Since its been a long while since i have made several beats in a week im too having a hard time getting into my flow.
I bought a electric bass and electric acoustic guitar two weeks ago. And I've been trying to teach myself both. Tips of my fingers hurt. And i spend allot of time tweaking the sounds i can get out of them being plugged into guitar rig 5. Plus that new advanced 61. I feel like there is allot going on in my head. Plus i stopped drinking last week. still get mad IPA cravings. specially when im putting together the battle track. You got that new audio interface, and the SP. im sure your spending allot of time tweaking knobs and figuring stuff out too. Just come home from work and focus back on the 2500 instead of the other stuff for a few days. stay home this weekend and try to make four finished tracks. all day for several days usually gets your game back up quick.

But on a side note. i discovered something pretty fresh about MPC 2.0's warp. Those of you on it may already know this.:
Load and chop a break. (I have my BPM set at 88 always.) Any break, specially one you don't necessarily like. The breaks i have loaded and done this are just some Paul nice breaks. same ones on many break records. Chop em up just plain on the beat chops and let the MPC lay out the pads. so you just press play and the break is playing at original tempo. now after you warp it just speed up the tempo inside the warp field. Not the over all BPM. The break starts to swing like crazy.

So basically its a chopped break pitch locked and then sped up. so sample is trying to play sounds faster yet not so the outcome is break neck swing. Perhaps ill make a vid of this. Imnot the best at explaining stuff. If you understood me check it..