Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best flip?

33%
N/A
11%
44%
N/A
11%
N/A
N/A
By pk1 Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:35 pm
Lets hear what y'all got.
Vote goes for two days winner submits samples and rules for next battle.
please have ready wed night.

Winner receives Sample Pack from MPC-Samples

The only rule we have is you don't vote for self.
And keep comments constructive.
but let em know what you thought.

Granny David

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Dez nyce

K-Mo'

Consultio/Consultius

Ivoryviking

MPCweapon

saltmcgault

Good luck :worthy:
By saltmcgault Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 pm
went with kmo on this one. i like how he used both selected samples and the groove he had going. there wasn’t an entry i didn’t like. just went with what caught my ear the most. props to everybody!
By Cockdiesel Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:01 am
Man... some serious fire this week.
I can wait to get back to these, going to need to step my game up big time. Props everyone.
By K-Mo' Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:11 am
saltmcgault wrote:went with kmo on this one. i like how he used both selected samples and the groove he had going. there wasn’t an entry i didn’t like. just went with what caught my ear the most. props to everybody!

Thanks! Took me a long time to figure out how to flip the samples. Trial and error type of thing. Kick is played without quantization and hihat (hp filtered break) and snare is humanized after quantization. All in 1 long sequence. Glad you like it! :worthy:
By dez perado Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:32 pm
Went with G.D. on this one. Con/Con almost got it but I wished there was some sought of switch up happening. Dope work from every one though
By saltmcgault Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:48 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Man... some serious fire this week.
I can wait to get back to these, going to need to step my game up big time. Props everyone.

I cant wait to hear your entry for 219 :smoker:
By Cockdiesel Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:56 pm
Maybe not next week bro. I’m moving and starting a new job. I’m thinking at least two weeks, I have to find a new apartment, etc.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:07 pm
Props PK on getting the vote up been mad busy :smoker: Looking forward to giving these a proper listen tonight.

I Had a quick listen at work, mad props to everyone as everyone brought some fire this round, really got to step up my game as well :smoker:
By Sodamnfresh Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Voted Kmo... Best of the bunch in my opinion. Ima enter the next one if thats cool. Peace
By saltmcgault Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:28 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:Maybe not next week bro. I’m moving and starting a new job. I’m thinking at least two weeks, I have to find a new apartment, etc.

back to Milwaukee? I was jk'n once you get settled and situated jump up in here when you can. :nod:
By saltmcgault Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm
K-Mo' wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:went with kmo on this one. i like how he used both selected samples and the groove he had going. there wasn’t an entry i didn’t like. just went with what caught my ear the most. props to everybody!

Thanks! Took me a long time to figure out how to flip the samples. Trial and error type of thing. Kick is played without quantization and hihat (hp filtered break) and snare is humanized after quantization. All in 1 long sequence. Glad you like it! :worthy:

no problem I think you used the samples nicely. it was a tough round to vote on peeps brought some heat this round.
By Cockdiesel Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:38 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Cockdiesel wrote:Maybe not next week bro. I’m moving and starting a new job. I’m thinking at least two weeks, I have to find a new apartment, etc.

back to Milwaukee? I was jk'n once you get settled and situated jump up in here when you can. :nod:

Naw I got a contract in Savannah. So still staying in the south. I’ve been there a few times it’s a nice place. Milwaukee will be last resort, hate the cold bro. And moving there right now after being gone so long will damn near kill me. I get sick when it drops in the 40s here....

Sorry for the OT stuff. You guys have a tough choice this week. All were fire.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:53 pm
Damn dope round, props to everyone that entered but I went for Granny David this round he just pipped Kmo for my vote this round :smoker:

Sodamnfresh wrote:Voted Kmo... Best of the bunch in my opinion. Ima enter the next one if thats cool. Peace

Look forward to hearing what you got mate :smoker:
By Horbid Grotter Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:38 am
Thanks for the votes! I voted for K-Mo although it was a close-call between him, PK1 and Dez, so it was like choosing between dope, dope or dope! Very hard choice! It was the swing on K-Mo's beat which 'swung-it' for me haha! All tracks were creative and worth hearing, as always!

RIP STMB