Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best track?

14%
N/A
29%
29%
N/A
29%
By pk1 Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:40 am
Alright time to check whats been laid!

Vote will run for two days
Winner please have sample and rules ready for next round on Wed night.
Since there is not enough voters we don't vote for self.
Tracks

K-Mo'

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

MPCWeapon1

SoDamnFresh (AMBA)

Dez

Granny David

Good luck gentlemen :worthy:
By pk1 Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:39 pm

I was out of town this week and couldn't bring MP.
Bummed i missed this weeks run. I took a listen to samples.
Then listened to what y'all made with it.

I dug the grove Grannydavid was throwing but you over compressed it.
Dez keeps it musical. sounds like your trying to utilize all samples.
Sodamnfresh probably takes my vote with drum work alone. clean track.
Weapon brought a nicely done, old school feel to the table. nice work. id like to hear the drums calmed down to match the throwback of the samples and vibe.
Psych sounds like your forcing yourself to make an entry. your on schedule mode. get a beer. chill out, and give the lady some money to get as far away from you as possible. then send us a banger! :mrgreen:
K-mo nice FX work. unfortunately when the actual song came in there was no feeling. Organized noise. very well done. clean and nice mix. attention grabber. which is good for commercial or film placement.

of course just my opinion. nice work by all
By Horbid Grotter Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:39 pm
pk1 wrote:
I dug the grove Grannydavid was throwing but you over compressed it.

Hey man thanks for the feedback. I must admit, I went over the top with effects lol :lol: and I've only just started using Soundforge for mastering/mixing. Sound engineering is my weakness by far man, and I always make the mistake of producing via headphones, then it sounds way off via speakers lol. :WTF:

Does anyone have any experience with Soundforge? Would appreciate some tips etc.

Dope round, enjoyed everyone's work. I voted for MPC Weapon for the 90's feel. I love that classic old vibe, the stuff I grew up on. :smoker: Dez was a close 2nd - Made me laugh with those cheeky little string sounds! K-mo and Psych always bring something worth hearing and hats off to SoDamnFresh, that swing got my neck hurting! Great head-nodder. :nod:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 pm
pk1 wrote:Psych sounds like your forcing yourself to make an entry. your on schedule mode. get a beer. chill out, and give the lady some money to get as far away from you as possible. then send us a banger! :mrgreen:

Yeah I did forced something when I should of left it this week, really wasn't feeling the samples to be honest, just couldn't get anything cooking so I went full 16 level mode to scrape something to enter. Might just be hitting battle fatigue so I might take a week or two off from entering too refresh my mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: Give her more money to go shopping with? Christ man I be working nights too at that rate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shit man just remembered you sent me an email, I will reply back when I get 5 minutes

Horbid Grotter wrote:Psych always bring something worth hearing

Thanks man and likewise :smoker:

Dope work people I ended up with voting for MPC Weapon this week as it had me snapping my neck the most :smoker:
By pk1 Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:38 pm
:lol: I know I know. I mentjust give a twenty and tell her to make it work. Don’t come back till 3!
And I probably forgot to get back at you. :Sigh:

All good y’all. I’ll go dog since it was a tie.

Horrid I messes with sound forge a little. I have a cpl question about what you use I’ll pm you.

Just gettin up give me a sec
By Sodamnfresh Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:26 pm
Heya.... Am I too late to vote?! sh*t
By saltmcgault Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:34 pm
Sodamnfresh wrote:Heya.... Am I too late to vote?! sh*t

join the club dude. :WTF: at least there was somebody else "was" going to vote. so It still could have ended up as a tie.
By Sodamnfresh Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm
saltmcgault wrote:
Sodamnfresh wrote:Heya.... Am I too late to vote?! sh*t

join the club dude. :WTF: at least there was somebody else "was" going to vote. so It still could have ended up as a tie.

so, what happens now...?
By saltmcgault Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:03 pm
Sodamnfresh wrote:
so, what happens now...?

onto BB#220. pk1 dug up some samples up and laid down the rules. he posted it earlier today.