Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best track?

8%
31%
15%
15%
N/A
8%
8%
N/A
8%
8%
By pk1 Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:26 pm

Lets check some beats...

Vote will run for two days
Winner will need to have Sample and rules ready Thursday night.
Dont vote for self
Let em know what you thought of the tracks.

K-Mo'

Quickstrike

Dez Nyce

Granny David

PrimeXample Productions

Consultio/Consultius

Ivoryviking

teds beats

Oskarr

MPC Weapon

Get your votes in.
Good luck :popcorn:
By Sodamnfresh Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:38 pm
Big Ups Lads! (I assume we are all blokes here...?).... Loved seeing how people flipped the bob snippet... Good stuff all round, but I had to give it to Oskarr in the end... Such a cool soulful loop you got going there! :worthy: PEACE

PS. Heres my version I did a few years ago-

By pk1 Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:32 pm
bdockbeats wrote:is it toolate to upload.

Sorry Doc. If you would have PM’d me early when I posted I would have. But once anybody starts voting we can’t edit original post or it deletes everybody’s votes.

I don’t get notifications of posts within a topic anymore. Not sure why. I only receive notice if someone PM’s me

By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:57 pm
Kudos PK1 on getting the vote up, look forward to hearing what you guys did with the samples :-D

pk1 wrote:I don’t get notifications of posts within a topic anymore. Not sure why. I only receive notice if someone PM’s me[/color]

I've never noticed that, I will have a butchers in the control panel and see what I can find :smoker:
By Oskarr Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:17 am
Went with Quickstrike. I liked the vibe. I don't participate in these battles as much as I should but since the sample was so short I went ahead and chopped it to see what I could do. I really liked the bass in the sample and was able to play with it a bit. I ended up making something that reminded me a lot of Busta Rhymes' Genesis. The change up I discovered by accident while playing with the second bar of my original 2 bar loop and added back in the snares I had taken out. I could have sworn I had the "Its like that y'all, you don't stop" sample on one of my battle records but I couldn't find it to add some cuts while sticking to the rules and I felt the outside drums were more important to the beat. I hope whoever takes this gives us a dope soulful sample for the next battle.
By Horbid Grotter Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:11 pm
I voted for Quickstrike for that dope melodic bassline!
Runners-up: Dez, Consultius, PK1 and K-mo

Great battle! :smoker:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:08 pm
Really dope work guys ended up voting for Dez on this round :smoker:
By pk1 Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:52 pm
my ear was digging the ones that really tried to change the sample.

Granny levels were much nicer this week. sounding good.
Oskar I really dug you track as well but you over compressed, limited or normalized. smashed it too much.
By dez perado Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:06 pm
went with QuickStrike on this one.dug the way he freaked that intro.K-mo's Beat was dope also if you minus the acapella. G.D. had some fire cooking too.well done everyone.hope winner has some dope samples this week.
By pk1 Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:37 pm
I haven't heard from quick. so i went a russian roulette and grabbed three randoms im going to dig threw and find what i hope is the best tracks from them and we can get started.....