Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:25 pm

big ups to Quick on another win.

I didn't hear from him so i went and pulled three randoms off my shelf.

I picked a few samples
https://www.dropbox.com/s/riz0wgfqekexzlc/222.zip?dl=0
Rules:
must use at least one of samples provided.
ok to use outside drums. and bass
no other instruments, or samples.
No full acápellas/ vocal drops ok
deck work always welcome.
Upload track to soundcloud/youtube, and post in this thread.
Track needs to have Battle # in it. [please it makes creating the vote thread easier when we can scan threw all post quickly and copy links with out missing you or picking the wrong link thx]
Beat needs to be in this thread by Tuesday night the 4TH

plenty of stuff to work with here fellas. i want to hear some of your best work. We shouldn't have ten tracks that sound the same this round.
looking forward to hearing what y'all got!

:popcorn:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:14 pm
Congrats to quick on the win, look forward to checking out the samples for this weeks battle :smoker:
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:15 am
Last round was dope, but what sucked about it is that the section of the song to slice and chop was provided to everybody.

I think about 80-90 percent of the challenge of making a sample based Beat is finding the section of the song to chop up and work with. Your ear for the sample is the talent. It’s the art of making the beat. That’s why I hate when somebody gives us 3 different songs to work with and fools end up using the same chops as me. It makes me want to go back and do my Beat over....but I digress.

Last battle did test production skillss though.
By Sodamnfresh Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:51 pm
Must use only ONE of the samples provided? or can we use ALL if we want? (obvs no outside samples tho)
By pk1 Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:09 pm

Just one, or all

I agree with you weapon. I like those challenging ones. The sound was horrible though. Not much could be changed to create a different sound. Hence why it sounded like everybody tried to make the better of the same track.

Looks like most of us usually are sample based producers. I’m going to drop a no sample provided week here soon. No sample allowed. You must make a track with your own instruments. Vst’s or what ever. Just no sample. Just to hear what we got as far as creating our own. I think I’ll give away one of these “Mona Lisa” records I have to winner.
By dez perado Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 am
Big up QuickStrike on the W.
used all samples and added a kick and snare.
By Horbid Grotter Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:55 pm
Congrats to Quickstrike. What a dope track you produced there, it was well worth the win! :worthy:

Once again, I didn't have much time to develop anything major, but still had fun, that's the main thing. :nod: Always worth a go! As usual there's probably 101 things wrong with the track haha :smoker: Apologies if so as I'm currently working through headphones, so my mix is probably lame.
Thanks to PK for the dope samples. Real nice man!

Last edited by Horbid Grotter on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.