Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:17 pm

Alright, Fellow digging Beat Heads :nod: !

Im starting a Battle thread surrounding the Great Dusty Finger Collection.

I was digging threw my break and scratch records and found a cpl of these i have. I completely forgot about them. I actually did not recall that they are the full tracks. Not just the Breaks. Although advertised as a Break Beat Record. I started researching these and there are def a few tracks that have been used. But the albums make up a very funky ass collection of tracks. Dope drums and sounds threw out. I started thinking...

Since there are so many records and tracks. this could make for a fun, and challenging competition amongst you fellow Pad Bangers.

Here is what im thinking..
I will post one track a week congruent with the present Forum Battle.
This will give us around 200 weeks of battling.
I will Put a complication of all winners up for a presentation of what has been accomplished per record.
There are 17 Records!
The rules would be simple some weeks we only can use sample provided some outside instruments welcomed.
Keep it simple and similar to our present MPC battle. I will of course throw in surprise rules just to keep peeps in line.

I will keep a tally of your total wins. At the the end of the 17th record I will tally up who has the most weekly wins And i will award that person with
$200 US Dollars!

I will be creating things and adding to the winning pot. This could be Credits for Plug-ins. Credits for parts needed on MPC-stuff. Sample libraries i create.. who knows. I will keep all credits and third party stuff centered around MPC -Forums, Stuff, and Samples. Just to keep conflict of interest out of the equation.

This is all out of my pocket promoting nothing but self skills, and mutual friendships within the community here on the MPC-Forums. I just purchased the entire Dusty Fingers Collection. I won't be blasting this out on the web. looking for outsiders. But. Anybody and everybody is welcome.

So if your down....
Sample 001
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mc5ae0ez9uqnled/AAAXMoLTuLG51uHkouaTYGuVa?dl=0

Week 001 Rules;
Must use samples provided to create your track.
NO outside sounds, instruments ,vst's, or samples Except Scratching.
Track Must have Weekly Battle Number in Title
Track will need to be posted on either soundcloud or YouTube And Posted in this thread.
By Tuesday night the 11TH!

Good luck to all :popcorn:

By Horbid Grotter Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:50 pm
Hey man great idea!
I have 15 volumes of Dusty Fingers and it's all packed with dopeness! There's some right classics on there! Should be fun :smoker:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:45 pm
Mad **** props to PK1 for organising this :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By pk1 Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 am

i expect the first cpl weeks to start slow. i need to put this drone sim down and make a beat. Kmo about to have a freebee
By dez perado Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:07 pm
got sidetracked and forgot all about this.might still do a late non entry.Congrats K-mo on the sneaky win.lol.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:38 pm
If it's too late to enter this round then I will mark this as a late non entry :smoker:

By pk1 Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:12 pm
nice save my man
By richie Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am
If some of you do not like the sound quality of the Dusty Fingers versions of the songs, google the song titles and find an alternative rip of the song.

I've found that a good portion of the Dusty Fingers joints have been edited to only show the best parts of the song or eq'd differently than the original source sounds.
By pk1 Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:30 am

makes since with some of the tracks ending kinda abrupt.

accept for this week when rules are no outside sounds then the provided.
but when other sounds can be used a great tip.