Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best flip?

8%
92%
By pk1 Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Alright.
expect these to start slo since we are not advertising it. no worries
lets see how Psych and K-moe laced.

Kmoe

Psychedelic

let em know what you thought.
By Horbid Grotter Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 pm
Hey, didn't have time to make anything for this unfortunately.

Am I still eligible to vote if I didn't enter? It's giving me the option to vote on top of the screen but I didn't wana vote in case it's void and caused any confusion lol :lol:

Both tracks are nice :worthy:
By Horbid Grotter Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:54 pm
K-Mo' wrote:This is actually quite interesting that Psych crush my track! :worthy: Can you guys give me some feedback, I'm here to learn. ☺️

Ah man, I feel bad as it was like a toss of a coin between two dope beats. Nothing against your track at all man, you always make good beats. It's just a head-to-head so there has to be a win and a loss, it takes nothing away from your brilliant work which, I assure you, is being appreciated by heads who hear it :smoker:

I get my butt kicked here quite often haha it doesn't mean we're bad producers when this happens.
Plus, you lost to Psych, so there's no shame in that at all man.

I voted for yours without hesitation in the other battle, whereas I'm usually indecisive when voting :hmmm:

Keep on battling! :nod:
By K-Mo' Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 pm
Horbid Grotter wrote:
K-Mo' wrote:This is actually quite interesting that Psych crush my track! :worthy: Can you guys give me some feedback, I'm here to learn. ☺️

Ah man, I feel bad as it was like a toss of a coin between two dope beats. Nothing against your track at all man, you always make good beats. It's just a head-to-head so there has to be a win and a loss, it takes nothing away from your brilliant work which, I assure you, is being appreciated by heads who hear it :smoker:

I get my butt kicked here quite often haha it doesn't mean we're bad producers when this happens.
Plus, you lost to Psych, so there's no shame in that at all man.

I voted for yours without hesitation in the other battle, whereas I'm usually indecisive when voting :hmmm:

Keep on battling! :nod:

Thanks Horbid for a honest and kind answer. :worthy: There's no need to feel bad, and I'm not thinking that I'm a bad producer. I was just wandering is there something that I can do better!? But it's all good. Psych's beat was better and that's that :smoker:
By Horbid Grotter Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:54 pm
Thanks Horbid for a honest and kind answer. :worthy: There's no need to feel bad, and I'm not thinking that I'm a bad producer. I was just wandering is there something that I can do better!? But it's all good. Psych's beat was better and that's that :smoker:[/quote]

Hey that's the spirit man! :smoker:

I made a very quick non-entry to show solidarity in the community and to let PK know I'm down for future DF Battles, just not enough time this past week to enter this one.

Here's my quickie anyway. PEace
By Sodamnfresh Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 pm
Yo.... Both beats are dope, well made beats... So its purely down to personal preference. Im gonna go with Psychedelic on this one. Kmo, your beat, as good as it sounds, I could imagine being part of a soundtrack to a movie. It evokes an emotion of anxiety and industry for me, which is great, But Psychs beat I could imagine rapping over it hehe So I went with his.... Also, im judging having not heard the original sample.

Side note.... These Beat Battles, in general, is the goal to make a Hip Hop beat? or is it not genre specific? (Obvs the term 'Hip Hop' in itself covers a lot of different styles etc) So, for example, if I made a Drum and Bass beat or Garage beat that would be fine too, right? Im assuming it would be... Is there a line that after it it doesnt count as 'a beat' per say? I dunno, im jabbering on...

ps. Dope beat granny david too, i sees ya :nod:
By pk1 Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:11 am

Horbid..
you anyone and everyone is welcome to vote on any of these battles. The more the votes the better. Regardless of production placement.

SoFresh.. you can make a country track if you want. genre doesn't matter. wack is wack and dope is crack!
alright will just be alright.. :-D

And K-Moe id say your track was to small of a loop. sounds like a 2 bar you slapped together and posted.
the levels sound good. drums are nice. and chop is cool... nothing wrong with it. just a loop.

where all though i don't thing psych "freaked" the sample. The small deviation of the sample loop made it more. at least to me.

All three tracks were nice.

:popcorn:
By K-Mo' Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:30 am
Okay thanks for the feedback!

And K-Moe id say your track was to small of a loop. sounds like a 2 bar you slapped together and posted.
the levels sound good. drums are nice. and chop is cool... nothing wrong with it. just a loop.

Drum chops hits different everytime across the track and there is that speech sample what is sneaking around in the back. But I get it, sample is looping and the bass is crowling without any kind of variation. :worthy: I learned something here and that's the main reason I enter to these battles. So let's move on and make some dope ass beats!!! :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:
By saltmcgault Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:18 pm
I went with psych on this one. it was catchier IMO. Kmo done nothing wrong with your submission I enjoyed listening to it. Psych did you use use the 16 levels feature on that sample? Dope! Solid entries from both of you.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:29 pm
Between K-Mo', K-Mo' and K-Mo' I went for K-Mo'.... really dope flip mate :smoker:

Like everyone has said before me there wasn't anything wrong with your track it was a really dope flip and it could of gone either way on the voting. Mines a simple minimal flip while working on it I got an idea to transform it into some kind of scratch beat so I just threw up a rough draft ready to pick up at a later date.

Horbid Grotter wrote:

That was dope GD, really enjoyed that flip :smoker:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 pm
saltmcgault wrote:I went with psych on this one. it was catchier IMO. Kmo done nothing wrong with your submission I enjoyed listening to it. Psych did you use use the 16 levels feature on that sample? Dope! Solid entries from both of you.

Thanks man yeah I hit 16 levels on the both sample chops and used the tail end of one of the sample chops to lay a subtle tone vibe on the track. Then was just a case of chopping and layering the drums from the sample and adding a high pass filter on the high hat to make it sound less dull