Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Congrats to K-mo :nod:

so..K-mo is not able to submit a sample this week and suggest we run a no sample challenge that i suggested a cpl weeks ago.

So we will

Rules:
Make a sample free beat.
To clarify you are not to use a break unless the drums are individually chopped. no groove from break allowed.
Make your own groove with drums!
No sampleing to create your track. this is where you need to shine on your own!
please explain what you did to produce track you submit.

Picture it like this.... You just got a production deal with a studio. Your job is to make beats on call.
Although your a sample chopper. they are asking you to step up and create a non clearance issue of original work.
No sample Libraries! you play instruments.. or vst's

now for some of you that can't play a lick to save your career. you may need to be creative. and work around the rules.
say "Play your instruments to make your beat, you can chop and treat it like an outside sample"
just as K-mo suggested in his P.M.

think apprigator.

Any genre of music is welcome. "even shitty no sense or skill house music :lol: "
upload your track to this thread with a soundcloud or youtube link.
Track needs to have BB224 in title
Needs to be uploaded by tuesday night the 18th

if you start on this and get frustrated with what your churning out. remember
its generally the simplest melodic tracks that seem to hold allot of heat. more people are drawn to simpler sound then complex...

good luck and holler if there are any questions.
:popcorn:
By Horbid Grotter Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:16 pm
Congrats K-Mo Feeling that one man! :worthy:

Cool rules! Would I be allowed to say record some keys and riffs on my friend's Fender Rhodes keyboard and then make a track around it, providing I don't chop too much? Or is chopping ok on our own riffs?
By pk1 Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:29 pm

you would be fine doing that and chopping is welcome. that s what i meant about not being able to play... yourself.
thats thinking outside the box.
By 574X Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:12 am
I used synth1 and a reverb.

Made my own sample to flip.
Jammed a 4 part loop - bass, pad, 2 keys.
Slapped it on the pads, banged out a beat. Reversed the loop and repeated.
Synthesized all the drums, but I have tons of presets I made. I don’t recommend that. It's smarter to just use samples or presets and mod from there. This kit's up at
57AX.tk

The cool thing about doing the VA Synth drums is that they sound different with every bounce.
I bounced out the bball drums (pun intended) into such a sweet pack. I gave it the mono lows and stereo highs, with that channel swapped reverb that Dre used, but was originally used for stuff like amps on one side and reverb on the opposite.

The drums remind me of playing basketball. I can’t explain how much I love playing basketball.

Here’s the sample I made, if you want to check it out or flip it.
By Horbid Grotter Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am
Somebody keeps deleting my posts and entries.
Will upload once more then I'm done.
This is wasting my time.

By pk1 Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:35 pm
just saw your message GD will look into it.

most was kontakt instruments

By dez perado Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:23 am
***late non entry ***