Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
User avatar
By pk1 Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

So we have a tie this week.
So i went a dug this up. cheap fast dig :Sigh:
not what i usually do, but the sample is hot!

Sample:https://www.dropbox.com/s/5qosqd6x9rp2xhp/The%20Bubble%20Puppy%20-%20Hot%20Smoke%20%26%20Sassafras%20-%20%5Boriginal%20STEREO%5D.wav?dl=0


Rules:
Out side sounds ok.
must have a change up/ hook or something..
please put battle number in tittle.
Post on youtube or soundcloud
and upload here in this thread.
By tues. the 12TH midnight your time

good luck fellas. probably gonna have a little something for winner this week.
so bring the heat! :worthy:
User avatar
By saltmcgault Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 am


It's been too damn long. I figured i better enter this one since i listened to that song about 100 times yesterday. :lol: I look forward you hearing what everybody comes up with on this one. :smoker:
User avatar
By big ted Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:03 pm
damn salt...i like that. i might have to pass on this weeks bea battle ( :mrgreen: ) ...went downstairs too look through some records to find some good rock drums to put with them guitars and found out that my basement...that supposedly didn't take on water according to the folks i bought the house from....mustve taken on water at some point in the corner that all my records were. on first look it appears i might've lost over half my collection. so today ill be in salvage mode most of the day to see what i can do. any advice on salvaging damp/wet records would be appreciated. I'm sure most of the sleeves are done for...looked on line for generic sleeves and damn they're pricey...but hopefully the records will still be somewhat playable. its my own fault...i procrastinated putting them away for over a year...shoulda been done right when we moved in. live and learn....hard **** lesson though.
User avatar
By saltmcgault Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:49 pm
Thanks Ted! I have about 500 records. Mostly funk, soul, and jazz from the 60’s and 70’s. About 400 of them were my step dads and when i was 12 the foundation of the house cracked and the basement started taking in water and going into this slide open closet in my room where my dad’s vinyl was chillin on the floor. The day it happened i immediately put them in a safe spot. A lot of the sleeves and covers are jacked but the records are still good. My dad really appreciated me saving them and when he passed away i asked my mom if i could have them. There was a lot of mold on them from chilling in the storage room. I got a spray bottle and put a little bit of dawn in it and 50/50 distilled water and running alcohol i think 90%. i’d carefully spray it on the record and use a soft tooth brush and lightly scrub in a circular motion on the record then wipe it off with a micro fiber cloth. Then i would carefully spray it with just distilled water and wipe it down with a different micro fiber cloth. I did as much as i could at one time on and off and now i just do it to ones i pull out to listen to. They sound just fine after that. i really want to get them all clean and stored properly. yeah nice sleeves are expensive. i’d be down to pitch in on a bulk if any of you guys are interested.
User avatar
By big ted Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm
saltmcgault wrote:Thanks Ted! I have about 500 records. Mostly funk, soul, and jazz from the 60’s and 70’s. About 400 of them were my step dads and when i was 12 the foundation of the house cracked and the basement started taking in water and going into this slide open closet in my room where my dad’s vinyl was chillin on the floor. The day it happened i immediately put them in a safe spot. A lot of the sleeves and covers are jacked but the records are still good. My dad really appreciated me saving them and when he passed away i asked my mom if i could have them. There was a lot of mold on them from chilling in the storage room. I got a spray bottle and put a little bit of dawn in it and 50/50 distilled water and running alcohol i think 90%. i’d carefully spray it on the record and use a soft tooth brush and lightly scrub in a circular motion on the record then wipe it off with a micro fiber cloth. Then i would carefully spray it with just distilled water and wipe it down with a different micro fiber cloth. I did as much as i could at one time on and off and now i just do it to ones i pull out to listen to. They sound just fine after that. i really want to get them all clean and stored properly. yeah nice sleeves are expensive. i’d be down to pitch in on a bulk if any of you guys are interested.


thanks for the feedback on that...i was wondering about diluted water and rubbing alcohol for the mildew I've found...ill give that a shot. I'd for sure be interested in going in on some bulk sleeves. the cheapest I've found so far is about .72 a piece but they also appear to have bulk pricing...heres the link... https://doradopkg.com/12-blank-jackets/

if you wanna hit me up in a pm or something i can get you my phone number or email or whatever and we can figure it out from there.

sorry to highjack the bea battle 232 thread with my pity party :-D
User avatar
By pk1 Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm
Nate Jackson Killz ****** wrote:https://soundcloud.com/love_monkeys/232a

I'm excited about my first entry. lemme know what y'all think!



Welcome to the battles Nate..

Ive edited your post to show the player gui. When you post your track here in the thread. First hit the little cloud symbol that is third from right of the red buttons in post editor. That is your soundcloud thingamajig.
then paste your link in-between that. it will make your track show up here as a player.

good luck :popcorn:
User avatar
By pk1 Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:26 pm
big ted wrote:sorry to highjack the bea battle 232 thread with my pity party :-D



totally fine to chat about **** here. not like we are making 12 pages of ****. AS long as the number is in the title of the music links. it isn't any trouble to scan threw posts and pages to grab beats for vote post.

But really big bummer about the basement leak. If you have a dehumidifier you can stop the mold from getting any worse. I usually just use warm tap water and 'Joy' dish soap. Joy doesn't leave any residual behind. actually the best to clean windows with aswell. Ive bought a couple crates that had mold you can get pretty much all off the vinyl but sleeves are trashed. once you dry em up. a little sun will help with actually killing the mold on the cover. [of course no vinyl in the sleeve] On purchasing new sleeves i would just replace the inner paper sleeve. and deal with an ugly warped water stained original cover. Put them on their own nostalgic shelf. :lol:
User avatar
By saltmcgault Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 pm
i thought you meant the inner sleeve Ted. The last time i checked i think they were more than .72 for those but i’d have to look.
User avatar
By big ted Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:55 pm
saltmcgault wrote:i thought you meant the inner sleeve Ted. The last time i checked i think they were more than .72 for those but i’d have to look.


yea, guess i should've said jacket...im an idiot. :Sigh:

pk1 wrote:
big ted wrote:sorry to highjack the bea battle 232 thread with my pity party :-D



totally fine to chat about **** here. not like we are making 12 pages of ****. AS long as the number is in the title of the music links. it isn't any trouble to scan threw posts and pages to grab beats for vote post.

But really big bummer about the basement leak. If you have a dehumidifier you can stop the mold from getting any worse. I usually just use warm tap water and 'Joy' dish soap. Joy doesn't leave any residual behind. actually the best to clean windows with aswell. Ive bought a couple crates that had mold you can get pretty much all off the vinyl but sleeves are trashed. once you dry em up. a little sun will help with actually killing the mold on the cover. [of course no vinyl in the sleeve] On purchasing new sleeves i would just replace the inner paper sleeve. and deal with an ugly warped water stained original cover. Put them on their own nostalgic shelf. :lol:


thanks for the tips. ill be trying them all out. yea some jackets are ugly and warped...some stuck together so they're all ripping trying to pull them apart. some are just trashed so ill have to replace the jackets. got em all standing up on some shelves with a fan blowing on em for now...once they're dry-ish ill start inspecting the vinyl..... :WTF:

back to the regularly scheduled beat battle.
User avatar
By saltmcgault Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:16 pm
yea, guess i should've said jacket...im an idiot. :Sigh:


You’re good man. It’s probably a good idea to get both. i know some of the jackets on mine are JACKED too. Still using them though. :lol:
User avatar
By pk1 Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:34 am

Been a long while since I got down with ya'll.
And its been even longer that ive actually even tried to scratch.

Its a some week deck work and i only did one take and dropped it...