Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:16 pm

This sample is sure to please.

Sample:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d8qld9yvqug190/10%20HOLY%20THURSDAY-DAVID%20AXELROD.wav?dl=0

Rules:
Open week.
Must use sample to base track off of...
But treat this like you pulled it off a record, sit down and do you.
use anything you want....
Accept no damn acapella's
Vocal drops ok.

Track need to have battle title in it and be posted in this thread BY TUESDAY night.
By peterpiper Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:17 pm
Love this track and already used it back in the last millenium :) Even before INI used it (and they used exact the same part. grrrr :) ) I will try something different with it and also use the MPC that I havn't used for ..... 1 year or so.

peace
By pk1 Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:25 am

you should post the old one too. We can see your progression and the difference.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm
Did try to flip this too this evening but couldn't get anything I liked going... Dope work on the flip Salt, the intro reminds me of DJ Premier production style :smoker:
By saltmcgault Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:52 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Did try to flip this too this evening but couldn't get anything I liked going... Dope work on the flip Salt, the intro reminds me of DJ Premier production style :smoker:

thanks psych i think i left the track with the piano on as i was jamming out and copying sequences i don’t think it’s supposed to go as much as it was. gonna straighten that out. it’s funny how you can pick apart your own stuff when you listen to it enough afterwards. i think this is the dopest sample yet out of the dusty finger comp. idk who uses it i’m sure ive heard it a dozen times.
By lord.lowpass Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:31 am
Sorry for the delay needed some extra time for the mixing.
So many classics made of this axe joint - was hard to flip it different.
Came up with that bassline chops added some drums, rhodes and spacious vinyl bites.

By saltmcgault Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:08 pm
:lol: well damn you guys came out of nowhere. interested in seeing how you guys flipped this one and checking out who used this sample.