Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

67%
33%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:13 pm
It that time once again people to listen to some dope flips :smoker:

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 days, can the winner please send me or PK1
ONE sample/rules on Friday Afternoon/Evening for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

dez perado

Keith's Lard

Good luck :smoker:
By Null Sweat Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:38 am
Nice round! Both of you guys put some work in. I was about to start chopping on this, then work called and I had to pack up and hit the road.

Keith - I like the drum work on this (and your last one too), they fit the track well. That **** snare, man! Punchy like a balloon getting popped. Smooth track over all, nice how you used the vocals. I'm a sucker for the "Ooooh's" and "Woooo's".

Dez - That shit is funky as hell with all the strums and plucks. The way you made little variations in the chops is like a puzzle. It's kinda got that old hip hop formula, where you feed them a little bit at a time, until the whole thing hits you. I bet that track was fun to make. Definite headnodder!

Voted Dez because I probably wouldn't have guessed that beat was made from the sample source.

Cheers to you both on another 1-on-1. As active as the forum is, we need some more heads getting in here.
By saltmcgault Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:55 am
both of these entries are nasty flips. i’m going to listen to them both through out the day tomorrow. i can’t decide just yet i want to hear all the little details.
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:36 am
both nice entries.. listened to them both quite a bit today. keith that snare really was ballon popping. lol i voted for dez.. idk i think those guitar plucks got me.
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:23 pm
Null Sweat wrote:As active as the forum is, we need some more heads getting in here.

There's a lot of people on this forum. I'm surprised more don't come in here and flex their skills. I guess its more impressive typing about them. I can't stand being in my apt. I want to move... bad. I've been looking to buy a house but my bank account told me I'm not going anywhere for awhile. :lol: So I better get comfy and get back to pad slappin. I'm going to try and participate more. Sometimes I'd rather work on samples I like vs. the sample/rules in these battles. It's a double edged sword it can sharpen your skills or it can make you feel retarded trying to **** with a song you would never consider flipping.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:19 pm
Null Sweat wrote:As active as the forum is, we need some more heads getting in here.

Would be nice if more heads joined in but it's probably has more to do with peoples work/life balance, not everyone works 9 till 5 Monday to Friday. Also there is normally a little lull in the summer months as no one really wants to be stuck in a hot humid room sweating their nut sack off trying to produce an entry, heat kills creativity
By Null Sweat Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:44 am
@Salt - Yeah, I think some people like talking about making music more than they like making it. :lol: I'll sell you my house. I got 8 inches of water in it back in May. It got a seepage through the walls 4 times last year and 4 inches of water in 2017 when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston. It this point it's ruined. I can't throw anymore money into it. I've been planning on moving to San Antonio for a while, but this last flood has forced me to make some moves. I just moved most of my music equipment out there a few weeks ago, luckily I didn't lose anything except about 300 records (always keep your top shelf records on the top shelf - lesson learned). It's been a mess trying to salvage the rest of my shit over there, then I'll have to go out of town to work for a few weeks, but somehow I manage to get in on a beat battle here and there. Shit might have been made at the Motel 6 or Days Inn or chillin' in the parking lot of a Love's truck stop, in some town you never heard of, :lol: but I try to make it work.

@Psych - I hear that, bro. Seems to be a few lulls at different times of the year. I'm just wondering why some people post a bunch but never jump in the battles. I guess I forget that some people are using the forum on their phones away from the lab or are just not interested. It seems as big as beat making has gotten in the last 10-15 years, there should be some younger people out there still living that good life without responsibilities. If I win another battle, I'm gonna post a prize and send the winner a window air conditioner. UK shipping is probably gonna suck and yall might be mad at me when the plug doesn't match up, but I'm just trying to help out. :lol: Summer sucks, don't pet the sweaty stuff. :wink: