Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

who came to battle?

20%
N/A
N/A
20%
N/A
20%
40%
By pk1 Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Lets check some beats. Who brought it?

Vote rules:
vote goes for two days
lee don't vote for self
let em know what you thought.

KIMCHI KRIMINAL

Dez nyce

Dofosho Music

PP0815

bdockbeats

Keith's Lard

Phliege

Good Luck
By saltmcgault Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:46 pm
That's quite the line up. The thirst is still strong I see. I'm gonna give them all a couple of whirls.
By Menco Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:12 pm
I voted for Phliege. Digging that underwater vibe.
By peterpiper Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:43 pm
Great. Interesting to hear the different vibes. I voted for Kimichi cause that West Coast Flava changed my mood to .....summer if you know what I mean.

@bdockbeats: haha yeah that hornpart is crazy. Was also thinking about using it but I didn't manage to build anything around.
@Dofosho: That style is not what I usually like to listen to but your beat is an exeption. Nice vibe.
peace

oh and peterpiper: You need to start sooner with beatmaking and keep an eye/ear on mixing.
By Phliege Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:50 pm
I voted for Keith, Dofosho being close.
Had lots of fun listening to all the beats.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:30 am
Menco aka KIMCHI KRIMINAL
Strongest track, music is a little heavy on the right, perhaps pan some instruments to left to open the sound stage. Switch up the high hats, during different parts. It's the same all the way through. This can be instrumental or have a vocalist on it.

peterpiper aka PP0815
Drums sound good, instruments a little low. But other then that good track. High hats a little to up front.
This needs an MC on top of it, to lift it up. The highlight of the beat is the bass line, so it should be more prominent in the mix.

Keith's Lard
Has a nice hiphop/smooth jazz feel. Work on the widening stereo imaging to open it up.

Dez nyce
Need to work drums and giving the track some space. Gives me that haunted feeling. Maybe remove the drums and use it for something scary. Or place some harder drums in it that will drive the song.

Dofosho Music
Work on subtraction eqing to open it up the music. Using minimum sounds, it's important to make sure everything crisp and snappy. Especially for Trap Style.

bdockbeats
Needs to work on mixing and lay off the compression.

Phliege
Nice feel, needs more dynamic in the music after awhile it become predictable, mix is kind of muddy.

This round my vote is for MENCO, with PP0815 and Keith's Lard a close second/third. Overall every track has something to contribute. Some are great as instrumentals and other would be greater with an vocalist. Menco, definitely has the west coast vibe. Perhaps it'S the drum loop. I've heard before, just can put my finger on it. Dog Pound or Dre.
By saltmcgault Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:14 pm
NIce flips fellas. I went with peterpipemdown this round. NIce choice on the samples and the drums were smacking and I like the intro. I enjoyed listening to all of them.

Fire up that 4000 Charles!!! i'll see you next round. I don't have to work until the 30th so I have no excuses not to get down this next round.
By Menco Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:42 pm
Thank you for the feedback CharlesRandolph.

@Charles and Peter:
Lately I'm really inspired by city pop and futurefunk. Trying to have everything sound like a hot day or cool warm night in Tokyo or Miami somewhere in the summer of 85'.

The break was an untaged break on my HD. Reminded me of 'Go Deep' by Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey's 'Fantasy'. I already had the parts of the sample I had selected chopped up, not really knowing where to take it yet. When I heard that drumbreak I knew which direction I wanted to go.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Menco wrote:Thank you for the feedback CharlesRandolph.

@Charles and Peter:
Lately I'm really inspired by city pop and futurefunk. Trying to have everything sound like a hot day or cool warm night in Tokyo or Miami somewhere in the summer of 85'.

The break was an untaged break on my HD. Reminded me of 'Go Deep' by Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey's 'Fantasy'. I already had the parts of the sample I had selected chopped up, not really knowing where to take it yet. When I heard that drumbreak I knew which direction I wanted to go.

It's always nice when the music put us in a familiar place. Now that you say Go Deep, perhaps its a George Clinton drum sample.
By Sodamnfresh Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:08 pm
Dayum... I missed a good week! Went with Phliege... 'specially that 3rd flip part... Showed dexterity and creativity... Dope beats all round tho
By peterpiper Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:33 am
@bdockbeats: man, I really appreciate that and hearin that you freestyled to it makes me happy. Thank you. Funny, I was thinkin about puttin some scratches on it but the time was runnin (well in the end voting started a bit late so I could have done it).
BTW which time zone are we talking about in the beatbattle forum?
@salt:Thank you. The intro (I mean the first measure with the revesed part) is a part of a first try with the sample. First part is from the provided song for this battle, the second part of the measure with the guitar is from a completly different song but as you might hear have nearly the same bassline so I combined them and tried to build something but then I didn't like it that much. So I just use it as intro, and started a new beat :)

peace
By Phliege Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:19 am
Hey Charles, thanks for the precise feedback. And also listening to those different flips everytime is inspiring
- Both of it is quite helpful.