Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:38 pm
Congrats to saadyah tz▾i on winning the last round, lets get this weeks round cracking.

Saltmcgault hit me up on flipping and doing something in honour of Bill Withers (RIP) who sadly passed away on Monday, which I though was a great idea. Also saadyah tz▾i hit me up with a sample too so I thought it would great to combine the two, so lets do Bill proud :worthy:

Samples
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ys96givb6t7fw ... 6.zip?dl=0

Rules
Open round
Must use one sample from each track

As per normal your entry must have battle number 276 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday The 14th of March.

Stay safe guys
By dheurt Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:51 pm
hi i'm totally new here.Very nice forum :-D
When you said "Must use one sample from each track" it's only one sample or minimum one sample from each track ?
Thanks in advance
D.
By saltmcgault Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:02 am
dheurt wrote:hi i'm totally new here.Very nice forum :-D
When you said "Must use one sample from each track" it's only one sample or minimum one sample from each track ?
Thanks in advance
D.

Welcome to the forums the forums dheurt. You can use as many samples as you want but use both samples.

Saadyah tz▾i if I knew you were submitting a sample I wouldn't have hit up Psych with that Bill Withers sample and break. My bad. Congrats on the W.

That LP has seen a lot of play theres lots of snap crackle and pops. Those samples are both on Still Bill. The break is on Kissing My Love. I'm sure there are better quality versions out there.
By Levulz2it Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:12 pm
First post! Bought the mpc one last week, shits on back order though. Wont be getting it for another week or so, I've had the MPK mini since it came out and just decided it was time to move up. Could of got it from guitar center but I would of had to pay tax, so I decided to preorder from sweetwater and save that fifty bucks to put towards a set of new headphones.

Can I still submit?
By MPCWeapon1 Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:17 am
What better is there to do in a Quarantine than hook up some throwaway beats for practice.

Got the vocal sample from the Bill Withers joint, and the horns from the other record.

By l'o. Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:14 pm
hi everyone :)
my entry. take drums and main part from one track, and lil 2 mikrochops like cymbal and something other from another
By MPCWeapon1 Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:44 pm
This isnt my battle beat. Just a cool little Sunday vibe using the two records.