Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:03 pm
Congrats to TreCipher617 on winning the last round, lets get the next one rocking

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y01gcvuerwwox ... k.wav?dl=0

Rules
Open round

As per normal your entry must have battle number 277 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday The 5th of May.

Stay safe guys
By NearTao Sat May 02, 2020 8:30 pm
Totally dope track! I can dig it, and can't wait to see what others drop.

I think I made four interesting sequences out of it... but tried to mix in what I thought came out the best.

By MPCWeapon1 Sun May 03, 2020 9:40 am
First beat I made on the Maschine. Different workflow than the MPC, but I'm starting to learn it.

By DawgFather Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 pm
Hello, new here. My first sampled project, and still learning how to use the MPC One :WTF:
By NearTao Sun May 03, 2020 2:51 pm
DawgFather wrote:Hello, new here. My first sampled project, and still learning how to use the MPC One :WTF:

Sounds cool for a first try. You playing guitar with a phaser or other effects in there?
By DawgFather Sun May 03, 2020 3:51 pm
I just listened to my soundcloud track on my phone's speakers and it sounds like crap ahahah. Maybe i just need to do a final mix on something other than headphones.

@NearTao, no phaser but light distortion, modulation, reverb, and delay. Oddly the guitars sit back on the track in my headphones but not when playing back on soundcloud.
Last edited by DawgFather on Sun May 03, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NearTao Sun May 03, 2020 3:57 pm
DawgFather wrote:Oddly the guitars sit back on the track in my headphones but not when playing back on soundcloud.

A common problem when "mixing" on headphones. Without knowing what the frequency response is on your headphones (or what pair you are using)... they will have some sweet spots when listening which can lead to thinking it sounds more forward than it is, and dead spots that you'll accentuate and accidentally make glaringly loud. Your ears also get exhausted faster listening on headphones... so it can cause fun issues trying to mix in the cans.

The general answer is "get flat frequency response monitors"... which while true and can be a good help... can be cost prohibitive for some. Often I just try to play through a variety of outputs... headphones, car stereo, laptop, phone, etc... and see how it sounds out of each device. You really cannot mix to sound great on everything... but you can mix to get it to sound decent just about anywhere.
By dheurt Sun May 03, 2020 8:03 pm
Very good tracks !
Mine using only my hardware sampler but not a mpc
Looking forward to listen the others tracks
By DokBrown Thu May 07, 2020 11:16 pm
I think MPCWEAPON won but that guitar spoke to me – looking forward to hearing more DF ;-)
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu May 14, 2020 8:14 pm
dheurt wrote:Hope P.S is safe no news since long time

NearTao wrote:Was last online on the 1st... here is hoping P.S. is doing great!

Thanks for the concern guys and apologises for the slacking life has been pretty much non stop for the last couple of weeks. I doing as well as can be, I hope everyone is doing well. Going to get my arse into gear and keep to schedule from now on. Right let get the vote up :smoker: