Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun May 17, 2020 1:29 am
Congrats to MPCWeapon on winning the last weeks battle, it's that time again people :-D

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx36oayw9lqn8 ... 1.wav?dl=0

Rules
Open Round

As per normal your entry must have battle number 278 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday The 19th of May.

Stay safe guys
By NearTao Sun May 17, 2020 7:18 pm
Just one kick and one snare not sourced from the track... everything else comes courtesy of the song.

Fun track! Posting while I still have free time :D

By peterpiper Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm
Have you sat together while beatmaking? :)
My work is still in progress. Nice track to play with.
peace
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 19, 2020 8:34 pm
Title: Tear it Off Remix (Beat Battle - 278)
Sounds: Bass, Instrument, Vocal Sample, Hi Hats from supplied sample.
Kick and Snare: Off our upcoming KICK SNARE SAMPLE KIT.
MPC ONE: Arranged, Programmed, and Mixed. No other programs or hardware used.
Produced: Charles Randolph
Song Length: 3 minutes 57 seconds
Session Date: 5.19.2020
Session Time Length: 11:00 am to 11:45 am
Vocal: "Tear It Off" written by Method Man & Redman off the Blackout Album.
Buy it here: https://music.apple.com/us/album/blackout/1440925755?ign-gact=3&ls=1
Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D062BhIkJd0

For demonstration only. Unofficial.

By NearTao Tue May 19, 2020 10:50 pm
Charles... I dig it...

My only gripe... and it's totally personal preference here... is that the vocals are full forward, making it a bit hard to hear the chops. Still... super solid and definitely good production.
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 19, 2020 11:17 pm
Danoc wrote:278 Rah Da N.O.C. BEAT BATTLE. l saw this come up by CharlesRandolph so l said lets have fun.
I found 6 parts l liked cut them up then only used 4 parts. Played a few parts around it with my drums and Bammm! :-D

Da N.O.C all you're missing is that 808, Clap, a couple poles, a money machine, and FUTURE. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Tue May 19, 2020 11:52 pm
NearTao wrote:Charles... I dig it...

My only gripe... and it's totally personal preference here... is that the vocals are full forward, making it a bit hard to hear the chops. Still... super solid and definitely good production.

I agree the vocal are a bit forward on some part. Needed to spend more time on dialing in the mix and separately adjusting each verse and chorus. Also shifting the verses separately so there is less drift. :nod:
By CharlesRandolph Wed May 20, 2020 12:14 am
What I posted was a first pass mix, mainly used for tracking. They're suppose to sound good enough to record too. There are lesson in everything, so it's always a win to hear honest critiques.

Danoc wrote:I heard the sample. The very first sound is the piano that comes on in that sample record. Sound like he pitched them up. Sound like he has 2 sample parts and he drum them out. Its balanced. I hear it ping ponging from ear to ear But l may be wrong.

NOC, have you been working with lots of women lately?
By DawgFather Wed May 20, 2020 3:35 am
My entry. Guitar kinda shoots out to the front a bit, a little hard to edit because I just used loop mode and overdubbed all the guitar layers, but maybe it I put a limiter or something on the track it will fit better in the mix. So much to learn... Anyone else have an issue with copy/paste in piano roll view in MPC after install of 3.0?

Some really impressive entries :worthy:

By NearTao Wed May 20, 2020 12:59 pm
DawgFather wrote:My entry. Guitar kinda shoots out to the front a bit, a little hard to edit because I just used loop mode and overdubbed all the guitar layers, but maybe it I put a limiter or something on the track it will fit better in the mix. So much to learn... Anyone else have an issue with copy/paste in piano roll view in MPC after install of 3.0?

Some really impressive entries :worthy:

Some interesting sounds there... you need to work on some build ups and release to warm up the listener's ears to the transitions. Something as simple as a couple snare hits at the end of the measure, or a high hat roll at the end could make a huge difference.