Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By DJ AMBUSH Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 am
I was not ready!!! OMG.... this is like a soundtrack...

Danoc wrote:Im in people. 279 BATTLE.

Used all my own personal drums.
Played strings over the sampled strings to give flava and fullness.

USED:
Reason 11.2 recorded music in.
SAMPLE: Diana Ross AINT NO MOUNTAIN HIGHER.
Roland Orchestra SRX VST
Heatup 3
Vocalist
Electrica X

Peace!

By saltmcgault Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:40 am
CharlesRandolph wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:you cleared the sample right!?! :shock: lol

Did not, but I didn't send it out for a weekly submission. I could get placement with this no problem. :lol:
I want to hear your version of this Salt. Where is it at?

I thought i had this lp and I was looking for it saturday and I got distracted by looking at other albums and picked a couple to get some drums and look for something nice to sample. I ended up finding something on this Little River Band - Harvest lp. I’m not saying which song but it was sounding really nice using 44khz delays on the asr-10. I ended up **** around with that for the rest of my free time this weekend. That’s my excuse. lol I like everybody’s entry’s so far. There are a couple more entries I have to listen to. It’s a nice song but it’s not a song i would consider sampling. I will be jumping in one when i hear something that i think i can get creative with. Props to everybody that put in work this round.
By saltmcgault Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:32 am
NearTao wrote:I'll probably keep knocking stuff out the way I have been, and just trying out different techniques and clowning around.

This is what it’s all about. These battles are the perfect place for this. I know some of my favorite beats have came from here. I’ve learned a lot from these battles.
By NearTao Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:34 pm
DJ AMBUSH wrote:@CharlesRandolph -- DOPE
Did someone say placements? Please share the knowledge. Tired of getting jerked and they listen to my catalog then say send $xxxx to get placements... :(

The truth is they don't even listen... it's almost always a computer "listening" and then dropping the message. Don't believe the hype!
By NearTao Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:37 pm
saltmcgault wrote:This is what it’s all about. These battles are the perfect place for this. I know some of my favorite beats have came from here. I’ve learned a lot from these battles.

In some ways these are more like Beat Communes... just cool folks having fun... though I would love to see somebody drop some ill verses talking smack about some forum members. Could get votes just for living on the edge.
By CharlesRandolph Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:04 pm
DJ AMBUSH wrote:@CharlesRandolph -- DOPE
Did someone say placements? Please share the knowledge. Tired of getting jerked and they listen to my catalog then say send $xxxx to get placements... :(

1. Setup Business (Publishing, Bank Account)
2. Register your copyright
3. Register music with PRO
4. Organized your catalog. (Lyrics, Full Stereo Track, Just Melody, Just drums, Chorus music, etc.)
5. Use and create information spread sheet or get Composer Catalog.
6. Go directly to the Music Supervisors.

If you don't have the first four things. DO NOT GO to #6.

Music must be mixed and ready to go. (No Demos)
If music contains any samples, clear them or remove them.
It's a rush to wait process. So blanket as much as possible.
Keep 98% of your music private and release 2%
Constantly, update your catalog
Have a private section on your own website for clients to hear and download.
Have full control of your catalog
Network, Network, Network.
By NearTao Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:38 am
Levulz2it wrote:

not even close to a winner but I need the criticism. what you guys think?

Just took a listen... first half I dig it, good chops, nice flow, etc... the only thing not working for me was the tom hits. Maybe they are a little too much on the grid or something, but the sound was a bit too programmed for my tastes. Or maybe I am just anti tom :D

The second half was not my jam. Interesting effort, but there wasn’t anything to warm my ear up and take me there. Basically it felt like two songs pushed together to me. Not always a bad thing, and I do this sometimes too... but you kind of went from summer jam... chill out vibe... to indie scene... rock out vibe.

To bridge the two together you might consider the use of drops and buildups to help get a transitional flow... a few common and simple ways to do this would be a hi hat build up, reverse snare, or double/triple rapid snare hits. Give the listener a sign you’re going to increase or decrease the energy.
By Levulz2it Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:10 pm
NearTao wrote:
Levulz2it wrote:

not even close to a winner but I need the criticism. what you guys think?

Just took a listen... first half I dig it, good chops, nice flow, etc... the only thing not working for me was the tom hits. Maybe they are a little too much on the grid or something, but the sound was a bit too programmed for my tastes. Or maybe I am just anti tom :D

The second half was not my jam. Interesting effort, but there wasn’t anything to warm my ear up and take me there. Basically it felt like two songs pushed together to me. Not always a bad thing, and I do this sometimes too... but you kind of went from summer jam... chill out vibe... to indie scene... rock out vibe.

To bridge the two together you might consider the use of drops and buildups to help get a transitional flow... a few common and simple ways to do this would be a hi hat build up, reverse snare, or double/triple rapid snare hits. Give the listener a sign you’re going to increase or decrease the energy.

I tried about 30 times to do the toms without t.c. but I couldn't do it :Sigh: I agree that they seem really stiff.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond! I will use those tactics on the next battle. Lol
As far as the second part, I tried to use the reaper expansion bass because I think the sound is dope but the key is you have to know how to play it :WTF: I obviously do not. The electric guitar i just freestyled over my mix down when I put it into reason for eq and comp. At the time I had my headphones on for like 4 hours so I think I was tone def because man the bass is severely off beat and the guitar is kinda just like the homie that always jumps out and tries to scare you, like where TF did he come from?! I just opened it up on the mpc and re did the bass after watching a few videos on people playing upright bass and I think I tightened it up alot. Sounds much cleaner and has an actual counter melody now. The electric guitar is obviously scratched.

*side note*
I had the mpc 500 first but chopping is stupid slow on that thing so I picked up a 1k for $450. I had an mpc one that been on back order for like 4 months but now that I have the 1k I'm thinking I might just say fugg it and rock the 1k for awhile. I don't know how else to get tracks out in jjos free other then mode>record>main out so is jjosxl worth the $123??
By DJ AMBUSH Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 am
So.....
do we have a winner or winners?
By DJ AMBUSH Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:09 am
I appreciate that.....seriously....

Danoc wrote:NO WHERE!!! OooooohhhhWeeeee! I am lovin that joint. That Boom Bap! Yes Sir!

DJ AMBUSH wrote:Surprise everyone!!!!

I know..it has been way too long...Peace to Lampdog for nudging me about this....
I am slowly hitting the scene again.....Beat Battle reporting for duty!

Please enjoy!!

Ambush EXCLUSIVE

[email protected]
IG: DJAmbush
Full Level
1Track at a Tyme LLC est 2018