Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

5%
5%
N/A
N/A
30%
10%
25%
5%
20%
N/A
N/A
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 pm
Man that has come around quick, so its that time again to crown this weeks winner

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me or PK1
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

dozybeats

MPCWeapon1

NearTao

DawgFather

CharlesRandolph

Lampdog

DJ Ambush

Danoc

J.O.BEATS

ccastillo123

Levulz2it

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:16 pm
You know the party is popping with Eyalc is jumping in. At this point, were going to have to go Super Saiyan 4. Raise that power level, it starting to get serious. :lol: In most of these battles, there was 1 or 2 that was there. This battle alone has 4 tracks that are there and 2 with a better mix are there.

Eyalc wrote:Fellas, had some family things to take care of this week. Had this done on time, but didn't submit.

Just thought I'd share. Hope to get in the next one on time.

Everything you hear, except the kick, snare and hihat are from the record.

Only used an OG MPC Live.

Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:39 pm
Danoc wrote:Charles with dudes getting NEW MPCs I thought they would be here. But.......... :roll:

:lol: They got the nerve to bash Jericho Jackson cause he said he is selling his Live,. Say what...? :shock: LOL :lol: They should be here in the battle. But I digress!

That's why I like this: No bug, extra features, or fragile egos. All that YAPPY YAP is out the window. No matter the genre, you can tell who's fingers are on the MIDI KEYBOARD and who's on QWERTY Keyboard. :lol:

Make the music, Mix the music, Post the music. GO! One thing I've noticed on mine, is that, I need to control the hp filters. A little too much sizzle on the top end, sounds like I'm frying a egg, on certain parts. :lol:
By Eyalc Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:17 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:You know the party is popping with Eyalc is jumping in. At this point, were going to have to go Super Saiyan 4. Raise that power level, it starting to get serious. :lol: In most of these battles, there was 1 or 2 that was there. This battle alone has 4 tracks that are there and 2 with a better mix are there.

Eyalc wrote:Fellas, had some family things to take care of this week. Had this done on time, but didn't submit.

Just thought I'd share. Hope to get in the next one on time.

Everything you hear, except the kick, snare and hihat are from the record.

Only used an OG MPC Live.

Haha - man a good natured battle is always a good thing. Will get mine in on time next time.

Man, I’ll say this... y’all got some talent. Gotta bring my A game.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:35 pm
Damn man there is some heat in this battle :worthy: Props to you guys for going hard on this one I'm going to have to re listen again to narrow it down for a vote

FOR THE ATTENTION OF SALTMCGAULT

Me and you are in the next round man, no excuses! You need to show me what the new girl can do and I need to knock the rust off, I will race you for the last spot :lol:
By Eyalc Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:37 pm
Danoc wrote:
Eyalc wrote:
Haha - man a good natured battle is always a good thing. Will get mine in on time next time.

Man, I’ll say this... y’all got some talent. Gotta bring my A game.

We know you got A+ game but sum are all talk :Sigh: :lol:

Haha- well, first, thank you. Second, your submission was crazy musical man. Love how you added the outside elements around the sample.
By Eyalc Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:That's why I like this: No bug, extra features, or fragile egos. All that YAPPY YAP is out the window. No matter the genre, you can tell who's fingers are on the MIDI KEYBOARD and who's on QWERTY Keyboard. :lol:

I actually think forums like this should require members to have their music in their signature. Not for criticism, but just so that we can all get an idea of what kind of music people make, their skill level... I think it would also help others to give the best advice in the best way. And it would also cut down on the bull crap for sure.
By NearTao Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:34 pm
@Eyalc while I tend to agree... there's a lot of huffing and puffing which tends to expose folks for what they are too. They just throw out so much crap into the universe, I don't think I even want to listen to their music.

Personally I don't care what somebody else uses to make music, whether they are here or anywhere else. True talent will shine through, and if somebody can be halfway civil I'm more than happy to meet them the other half to chat, laugh, and share a drink.

To that end, I raise my beer to all you crazy sample heads!

By J.O.BEATS Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:47 pm
Some dope flips!! it was tough to decide which is a good thing. Congrats to Charles on the presumptive win, well deserved!
By pk1 Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:06 am
Few nice beats in here. Good to see a turn out.
Too bad it took your government to ground you to get it it though...

Acapellas in beat battles is wack. Charley had a nice track. Pella just covered up the beat.

J.O.BEATS brought the banger.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:48 am
pk1 wrote: Few nice beats in here. Good to see a turn out.
Too bad it took your government to ground you to get it it though...

Acapellas in beat battles is wack. Charley had a nice track. Pella just covered up the beat.

J.O.BEATS brought the banger.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of acapellas. But music is expression. People gotta express their music the way they enjoy doing it.
By MPCWeapon1 Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:53 am
NearTao wrote:@Eyalc while I tend to agree... there's a lot of huffing and puffing which tends to expose folks for what they are too. They just throw out so much **** into the universe, I don't think I even want to listen to their music.

Personally I don't care what somebody else uses to make music, whether they are here or anywhere else. True talent will shine through, and if somebody can be halfway civil I'm more than happy to meet them the other half to chat, laugh, and share a drink.

To that end, I raise my beer to all you crazy sample heads!

I miss my MPCs. When I see a picture of The X or 4k I'm tempted to cop another one. I might have to bring my 2KXL out of storage.
By NearTao Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:04 am
pk1 wrote:Acapellas in beat battles is wack. Charley had a nice track. Pella just covered up the beat.

Thanks for keeping it real man. I went for an acapella and whiffed! First time trying to do a few techniques to try and get it to work, and not enough time to really pull it together. Was still fun though :D
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:36 am
pk1 wrote:Acapellas in beat battles is wack. Charley had a nice track. Pella just covered up the beat.

NearTao wrote:Thanks for keeping it real man. I went for an acapella and whiffed! First time trying to do a few techniques to try and get it to work, and not enough time to really pull it together. Was still fun though :D

You know what this means right? PK1 better be in the next one. :lol: