Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By ccastillo123 Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:46 am
NearTao wrote:
ccastillo123 wrote:

I dig it man!

Thanks! You got some interesting stuff too. Nice write up on the stems. That’s pretty cool.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:47 pm
Not really my type of sample. I had to use the Bomb Squad sample theory and layer different sounds to give this beat my kind of feel..

I didn't really feel like bringing this beat into Pro Tools and arranging it and mixing it down. Gotta give it to you raw...hate it or love it.

By Levulz2it Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:18 pm

this one was tough..i had a whole joint going and bumped my power strip :Sigh: had to give it a few days before i tried again. lol

also, "spleeter" wont work on ableton live lite :(
By NearTao Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:54 pm
You can definitely get Spleeter to work as a container without needing Ableton Live, I just did it that way myself because it was pretty well documented. If I get some spare time I might check it out and see if I can do a write up on how to do it through the CLI.

My suspicion is that Ableton Live likely does the heavy User Interface lifting, possibly the conversion to a standard file format for the Spleeter container, and Max4Live is likely just an automation wrapper and nothing fancy. If you're at all technically savvy I'd say just check it out for yourself and see if you can dig into it. There doesn't look to be too much magical about what the Ableton Live and Max4Live wrapper are doing under the hood. All the magic is in the container.
By Levulz2it Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:12 pm
what do you mean "container"?

NearTao wrote:You can definitely get Spleeter to work as a container without needing Ableton Live, I just did it that way myself because it was pretty well documented. If I get some spare time I might check it out and see if I can do a write up on how to do it through the CLI.

My suspicion is that Ableton Live likely does the heavy User Interface lifting, possibly the conversion to a standard file format for the Spleeter container, and Max4Live is likely just an automation wrapper and nothing fancy. If you're at all technically savvy I'd say just check it out for yourself and see if you can dig into it. There doesn't look to be too much magical about what the Ableton Live and Max4Live wrapper are doing under the hood. All the magic is in the container.
By NearTao Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:17 pm
Uhm... Docker is a company that created a platform for deploying software called a Container. Containers are nearly self sufficient as a way to launch software, but they are missing the critical parts of an operating system such as a kernel. As compared to Virtual Machine technologies, containers are able to leverage quite a bit more of the computing resources, since it isn't emulating anything. Instead, the Container gets it's own environment, so that it is effectively sandboxed from any other services or Containers running on your system.

I know that's super high level, but PM me if you'd like some links or are interested in looking anything up.