Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best flip?

N/A
11%
11%
22%
22%
N/A
33%
N/A
By pk1 Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:36 pm
You know the drill.
Let's check out what everybody cooked up this round.

Voting Rules:
Vote runs for 2 days.
Anyone can vote. Even if you did not submit a track.
Let em know in comments how you voted and what you thought.
One does not vote for self.
Winner please send me ONE sample and rules on Friday night.

NearTao

ccastillo123

Cockdiesel

MPCWeapon1

dez perado

Levulz2it

saadyah tz

DawgFather
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:26 pm
Went with saad. Tough call between him and mpcweapon but I can tell saad spent some time with the sample. That piano sticks out like a sore thumb tho.
By saltmcgault Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:40 pm
Nice entries. This was a tough sample to freak and you all did a great job. It came down to Dez,Weapon,Diesel, and Saadyah… I went with C to the Diesel this round. You all flipped this shit better than anything I had going. I gave it a whirl twice and ended up shutting her down both times after 30 minutes. :lol:

DawgFather your entry damn near got my vote. I really needed that laugh. Idk if they still make Thomas the train cartoons but if they do that should be a intro for one of the trains as its rolling up to the train station. :lol:
AWESOME!!!!
By J.O.BEATS Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:36 pm
Sad I missed this battle, thought the sample was cool. I voted for MPCweapon1 that shit was fire bruh!
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:15 pm
Thanks to those who showed love for the beat.

I sampled the :13 second mark and that sound at the :46 second mark in the sample. It needed a melody so I created a melody out of a guitar, piano chords, and a bass line and used a little subtle flute to fill in the spaces. Pushed the sample away from the mix for atmosphere and used the sampled sound at the :46 mark to drive the beat. And when I need subtle drums those Sly and the family "grand central station" drums gets the job done for me.

That beat was crazy. I thought about polishing it up, but I thought it would take away from the feel so I just let it rock.