Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By DawgFather Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:32 am
Carlos...damn, your entry is like icy lemonade on a hot muggy day after doing yard work.
By ccastillo123 Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:30 pm
DawgFather wrote:Carlos...damn, your entry is like icy lemonade on a hot muggy day after doing yard work.

Thank you! I’m really digging the breakdown in your beat.
By saltmcgault Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 pm
The battle timeline has been changed to Tuesday July 6th at midnight or early Wednesday morning.
By DawgFather Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:57 pm
@Carlos how did you do the "stutter/stop" effect? I notice that the drums keep going so you must be only affecting certain tracks.

Also, some of the filter sweeps and slowdown I'm guessing is the X/Y feature if you're on an MPC?
By Levulz2it Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:59 pm
I was wondering about that too, I just assumed it was chops

DawgFather wrote:@Carlos how did you do the "stutter/stop" effect? I notice that the drums keep going so you must be only affecting certain tracks.

Also, some of the filter sweeps and slowdown I'm guessing is the X/Y feature if you're on an MPC?
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:07 pm
saltmcgault wrote:The battle timeline has been changed to Tuesday July 6th at midnight or early Wednesday morning.

Thanks man was going to change it last night but got caught up in stuff
By saltmcgault Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:03 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:The battle timeline has been changed to Tuesday July 6th at midnight or early Wednesday morning.

Thanks man was going to change it last night but got caught up in stuff

you’re good man. you do a good job of hold this place up. i figured you were busy so i just let the fellas know.

i haven’t checked anybody joints out yet. i’m still trying to **** with this sample. i need no help **** up the vibe. lol
By ccastillo123 Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:09 am
DawgFather wrote:@Carlos how did you do the "stutter/stop" effect? I notice that the drums keep going so you must be only affecting certain tracks.

I’ve been using the effects in Koala. It’s similar to the x/y on the MPC. Workflow is a little more straightforward with Koala.
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:03 am
DawgFather wrote:Could use more transitions between song segments and I couldn't resist playing guitar during the bridge haha!

This is different. Was this 5/4 time signature?
By DawgFather Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:02 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:This is different. Was this 5/4 time signature?

Maybe but not intentionally. I think the drums are 4/4 but the rhythm of the sample hits might not be, or at least some of the layers, so this might be a polyrhythm :hmmm:
By DawgFather Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:46 am
Because we need more laughs around here, posting some Youtube at it's finest :lol:

By Null Sweat Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Haha! **** the world would have been a different place if Glenn Danzig only made disco. He would have been like a evil Tom Jones... :lol:
By Null Sweat Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:33 pm

This shit was alotta fun to make. I started chopping it up at 9pm last night and before I knew it was 2:30am. :Sigh:
By Lampdog Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:43 pm
DawgFather wrote:@Carlos how did you do the "stutter/stop" effect?

MPC has gate effects that can get that done also.
By saltmcgault Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:04 pm
Null Sweat wrote:

This shit was alotta fun to make. I started chopping it up at 9pm last night and before I knew it was 2:30am. :Sigh:

That's a nice session.