Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

N/A
N/A
N/A
11%
N/A
56%
33%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:01 am
[color=black]Man like a tool I forgot what day is was so its (finally) time to crown this weeks winner once again

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me or PK1
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

Levulz2it

NearTao

MPCWeapon

ccastillo123

DawgFather

Null Sweat

saadyah tz▾i

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By Null Sweat Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:14 am
Levulz2it - I like the direction you went with this beat. The kick is nasty. Your levels could come up some or slap a limiter on the master and boost the whole thing. And a few of the bass notes sound out of key, but otherwise it's a creative track from what you had to work with.

NearTao - Mix sounds good. Maybe a little too much going on. I gotta admit, this beat is wild. Fun vibe to it.

MPCWeapon - This track is dope, but it could use a little more variation. Maybe drop the vocal cuts out for a while or break it down and build it back up.

ccastillo - This track sounds good. What you used to process it has a nice warm sound to it. Some of the FX fills sound a little off, like the stutter/gate effect seems off time, as well as the beat repeat. Dope vibe though.

DawgFather - I dig this. The mix is good. Everything blends together well. Kinda trippy. It's **** with me that there is no kick, but hell, who needs a kick? She sounds like she starts saying, " I'm too old, I'm I'm, I'm too oldddd." I can relate.

Samwise - Great track. Really wide mix. Sounds like whatever you used to widen the drums also spread your kick out in the stereo field making it a little less punchy, it might be more effective to center it back up, other than that, you got my vote.

Went with Ganja Martian, runner up DawgFather.
By saltmcgault Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:41 am
nice entries.. i voted for null sweat, good shit.
By Cockdiesel Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:19 am
Levels- dig the track, sounds nicely mixed but look into hitting a limiter or something, i know someone mentioned it and you prolly notice how quiet your track is vs. others.

taos- dope syuff too but opposite of levels, throttle back on the limiter or maximizer or whatever your slamming your sound with. Not trying to be real critical but that ish is like a upper cut off sound. others wise, I really dug it. like the track I had I the second half of your track kill the vibe, firt par and better mix would have had my vote.

mpcweapon- you always come with a nice mix and change ups, this one seems solid entry for you but just wasnt feeling the flavor as much as other times. either way great job.

castillo- straight track, some off kilter stuff and could use some more variety but you sure do have a nice digital filter going on there, wondering what it is.

dawg- that stuff is real cold bro, get that mix right and that mfer vibin off the shelf.

saad- you and dawg had some really developed concepts, however yours seems to lack cohesiveness between everything. its mixed well dont get em wrong, but once I start vibin with it its like you introduce something foreign to the beat that alters the mood. Just trying to convey how I was vibing and by no means is not a dope track.

Null- nice sounding track, like really well done. the drums kind of take away from it to me. not sure exactly if its the redundancy of the drums of the mix at some point. strange track but really well done bro.

I think levels-, tao and null had the creativity I was looking for. Somehow my vote got casted to who knows who but I would have voted for null and he appears in the lead so not sure how but it may have went to him. I was listeing and hit enter and my page reloaded. was an accident.
By saltmcgault Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:49 am
near tao the first part of your beat was some living legends shit. that has luckyiam’s name all over the 1st part. :smoker:
By Levulz2it Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:37 am
Appreciate all the cheat codes fellers, my headphones had their own volume control so it didn't sound quiet to me. I did notice everyone's else's seemed loud though lol got my new headphones yesterday, some AKG k275s (I think) and my track being quiet was literally the first thing I noticed.
By MPCWeapon1 Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:50 am
Null Sweat wrote:Levulz2it - I like the direction you went with this beat. The kick is nasty. Your levels could come up some or slap a limiter on the master and boost the whole thing. And a few of the bass notes sound out of key, but otherwise it's a creative track from what you had to work with.

NearTao - Mix sounds good. Maybe a little too much going on. I gotta admit, this beat is wild. Fun vibe to it.

MPCWeapon - This track is dope, but it could use a little more variation. Maybe drop the vocal cuts out for a while or break it down and build it back up.

ccastillo - This track sounds good. What you used to process it has a nice warm sound to it. Some of the FX fills sound a little off, like the stutter/gate effect seems off time, as well as the beat repeat. Dope vibe though.

DawgFather - I dig this. The mix is good. Everything blends together well. Kinda trippy. It's **** with me that there is no kick, but hell, who needs a kick? She sounds like she starts saying, " I'm too old, I'm I'm, I'm too oldddd." I can relate.

Samwise - Great track. Really wide mix. Sounds like whatever you used to widen the drums also spread your kick out in the stereo field making it a little less punchy, it might be more effective to center it back up, other than that, you got my vote.

Went with Ganja Martian, runner up DawgFather.

You're exactly right Null. It did need more variation and a build up. I was too lazy to arrange it. Thanks for the feedback, homie.