Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

13%
13%
N/A
N/A
13%
25%
38%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:28 pm
Right guys its that time again!

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me or PK1
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

NearTao

Keith's Lard

ccastillo123

dez perado

saadyah tz▾i

peterpiper

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By peterpiper Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:51 am
Good beats! NearTao I like the reverb on the piano. Has a very nice 'epic' vibe. What PlugIn dd you use?
somehow reminds me of Funky DL - Day by day (Nujabes RMX)

peace
By NearTao Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:01 am
I used the Airfx reverb in stand alone mode on the MPC X. So nothing fancy, but if you tweak the presets you can coax some magic out of those plugins without too much effort.
By NearTao Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Some serious tracks this week, either we all dug the track, or people are stepping up. Either way, glad to see (myself included) not quite so much wackiness. Don't be afraid to fly your freak flag people, but it fun to see some friendly competition too! I dropped you all some similar or additional notes in soundcloud. Again, great job!

Psychedelic Schizophrenic - For me you knocked this out of the park, and it was the first submission. Super solid flip, and honestly no complaints from me!

Keith's Lard - Another solid track man! I did feel that the it sounded a bit toasty to me in the cans, and I suspect this opens up much better on some other speakers.

Carlos Castillo - I liked your selection of sounds, but the beat felt a bit too mechanical to me. I cannot put my finger on it, but I guess for me a bit more variation in some of the patterns, whether some velocity variations, or tweaking timings a bit... not sure... could groove this out of the park.

Dez Nyce - Quite dark, I like it, but didn't love it. Just felt a bit slow or laggy to me. Absolutely strikes a vibe, but the vibe wasn't jelling with me today. Tomorrow it might be perfect... but I'm voting today.

Samwise Ganja the Wax Martian - Eff you man, this is a great balance of epic and lax at the same time... Your outro would've been perfect as a drop to explode back into the track. I wanted to hear this as a longer track, or maybe move your outro to the middle, just to hear how it sounds. You *nearly* got my vote here.

PP0815 - Yooooo man... great throw back retro type track. I feel like everything is well mixed, and I'm torn if the could use some mastering tweaks or not. It feels like a good balance of dynamics versus compression... but I think I want to hear this compressed a tiny bit more... having said that... my feeling might be wrong. Hard to tell.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:16 pm
Really dope stuff was tough to narrow down but Peterpiper got my vote, he got my neck snapping like a mofo :smoker:

NearTao wrote:Psychedelic Schizophrenic - For me you knocked this out of the park, and it was the first submission. Super solid flip, and honestly no complaints from me!

Thanks man I'm glad you dig the track. I nearly pull the trigger on it and it did nearly ended up in the sin bin of forgotten beats that will never see day light again. Really can't put my finger on it but there is something about it that I really hate, I don't know maybe I'm being to over critical about my stuff
By ccastillo123 Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:34 am
Too late to vote I guess. But my vote would’ve gone to saadyah. I like everybody’s unique creativity. Props to Psychedelic for using the Substitution drums. One of my favorites.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:13 pm
Yeah man that's one of my favourite breaks too.... Just posting the next round :smoker: