Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By pk1 Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:09 pm
:mrgreen:

I honestly was backward on the vote schedule. Then it dawned on me yesterday chatting with salt that vote should have been up. My bad. Thanks for extending it. Get a couple more beats in there at least. I’m wrapping up my last couple weeks of work and then I’m off for 6months banging tracks. With y’all.
I’ll sit down today and attempt to slap some pads.

Welcome to the battles Sovltron
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:31 pm
No worries PK I will update the deadline date.... Hopefully I might get to slap some pads for this round too
By CharlesRandolph Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:28 pm
djerratic wrote:Do yall really slap on the pads and tap on them? For some reason the sound of the pads throw my timing off for some reason. I press them like a typewriter lol. Seems like it's just me.

I use a light taps with the tips of my fingers. I find it allows for better accuracy when finger drumming. (especially with ghost notes and drum rolls.) But the pads taps can become be an distraction, like the crossfader clicks :lol:

Patrice Rushen's Remind Me is a nice pick. Lots of people don't realize how talented she is. She produced/composed/played, sung, and wrote 98% of this album. She's a monster!
By Lampdog Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:40 am
LOVE Patrice Rushen!!

She’s on rotation in my whip.

djerratic wrote:My sources say, many babies have been born from her music.

”Panties Down Music” PDM it was called when I was in high school, SHOUT OUT to Patrice for puttin many girls in the mood to drink my man-milk.
By djerratic Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:03 am
Lampdog wrote:LOVE Patrice Rushen!!

She’s on rotation in my whip.

”Panties Down Music” PDM it was called when I was in high school, SHOUT OUT to Patrice for puttin many girls in the mood to drink my man-milk.

Haha!!! PDM!
True story, in early 2002, i was fresh outta high school, and I persuaded my girl to listen. She knew nothing but beyonce. Typical mall girl. But this Patrice Rushen got her vibin, changed up her panties so many times. It became our "couple song" lol.

But yea i saw her performance on yt in the UK and im amazed. She's so dope, and inspiring.
By saltmcgault Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:24 pm
djerratic wrote:Good thing I had a flip ready to rock because of these battles.

So you selected this Patrice Rushen sample so you could submit a pre made beat?
By saltmcgault Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:43 pm
djerratic wrote:lol nah man! I shared an mpc battle beat to those in the #patriceflipschallenge.

that’s what’s up. pardon my **** lol
By Lampdog Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:46 pm
djerratic wrote:So, alot has happened. Dibiase setup another patrice challenge on twitter and the actual patrice rushen, responded to how cool it was to hear all of our flips.

That’s awesome!!

I’d be starstruck.
By pk1 Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:19 am

”Panties Down Music” PDM it was called when I was in high school, SHOUT OUT to Patrice for puttin many girls in the mood to drink my man-milk.[/quote]

Haha!!! PDM!
True story, in early 2002, i was fresh outta high school, and I persuaded my girl to listen. She knew nothing but beyonce. Typical mall girl. But this Patrice Rushen got her vibin, changed up her panties so many times. It became our "couple song" lol.

But yea i saw her performance on yt in the UK and im amazed. She's so dope, and inspiring.[/quote]

lol I was sleeping on this woman. I kinda remember hearing the tracks here and there. But totally slept. her stuff is fire. I was more on that babyface/Keithsweat vibe. Boomerang soundtrack. thats what assisted in my panty removals.
By pk1 Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:47 am
:oops:
One of my boys walked up and turned off my power hub..
Im between pissed, and i don't know... so im going to calm myself while typing
before i get up and get them in bed. Pardon for the tap out..