Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:17 pm
Elpimpo wrote:That’s funky. The initial sample loop is pretty mesmerizing and your drum kit selection is on POINT! thing sounds real good. Specially the drum sounds.

Thanks man appreciate the love I look forward to giving your track a listen. Regarding the drum selection I just went through my custom drum library, loaded a selection of stuff that I thought might work together and layered 3 hi-hats, kicks and snares played around with level, attack, decay, release till I got them sounding just right.

Oh I forgot to say, welcome to the beat battles by the way :smoker:

NearTao wrote:You need to find more time... to get involved with more BB... this feels good!

Thanks man going to try and get involved in the battles a bit more this year, to be honest I've been struggling lately to find any motivation. I've spent the last 5 months or so just basically going through a Groundhog day experience of switching the MPC on, feeling meh, don't bother to save, switch off.

Not sure what happened but some think clicked yesterday, I felt alive again and was good knocking off the rust again :smoker:

Yo welcome back Oskarr and Texasrida1 hope your both doing good :smoker:
By Oskarr Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:30 am
NearTao wrote:Definitely dig this... might suggest half the scratching in the intro... like the middle with no scratching... and flip to another mild scratch of a different sample on the end... the track is nice and mellow, and the pace of the scratching makes it feel manic at the start. Cool if that's what you're going for... but felt a little over done... even just having a part where you just barely moved the record and used your fingers to add some flutter with the strings could be sweet as hell...

But what do I know... I don't have tables anymore...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a little rusty so I recycled a 8 bar scratch that I recorded for another track. I made an entirely different beat than this but switched to a different project without saving and lost all of it and got lazy trying to remake it. After learning of the passing of DOOM decided that I need to get back to making more music.