Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:19 pm
Firstly a big thanks to Salt for hold the fort over the last few week, appreciate it man :smoker:

Congrats to NearTeo for wining the last round, as we haven't heard anything I went digging for this round

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3noq8qr5zm5af ... e.wav?dl=0

Rules
Open Round

As per normal your entry must have battle number 299 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 5th of January

Stay safe guys
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:47 pm
It's been too long since I've fired up the MPC and actually finished something I started. Had an hour free this evening so I chopped, produced, mixed and mastered this on the MPC 2500.

By Elpimpo Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:52 am
NearTao wrote:Cool moves man!

Thanks, just trying to follow your lead boss.

On your track, when it builds up, rises and then pauses before the drop, that’s dope.

That silence was loud as hell for me. Good stuff.
By Elpimpo Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:56 am
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:[color=black]It's been too long since I've fired up the MPC and actually finished something I started. Had an hour free this evening so I chopped, produced, mixed and mastered this on the MPC

That’s funky. The initial sample loop is pretty mesmerizing and your drum kit selection is on POINT! thing sounds real good. Specially the drum sounds.
By Elpimpo Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:09 am
It’s getting hot in here!
@texasrida1 that beat is fire!
By NearTao Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:50 pm
texasrida1 wrote:Been a long time, but I did this

First impression from the intro I was starting to think nah... but yo man... you put some stank on it... digging that dirty sound... pay attention fam :D
By NearTao Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:53 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:It's been too long since I've fired up the MPC and actually finished something I started. Had an hour free this evening so I chopped, produced, mixed and mastered this on the MPC 2500.

You need to find more time... to get involved with more BB... this feels good!
By NearTao Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:58 pm
Oskarr wrote:I did one. Been a while.

Definitely dig this... might suggest half the scratching in the intro... like the middle with no scratching... and flip to another mild scratch of a different sample on the end... the track is nice and mellow, and the pace of the scratching makes it feel manic at the start. Cool if that's what you're going for... but felt a little over done... even just having a part where you just barely moved the record and used your fingers to add some flutter with the strings could be sweet as hell...

But what do I know... I don't have tables anymore...