Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip Of The Week?

15%
N/A
46%
8%
8%
23%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:30 pm
Right it that time to crown our first winner of 2021 :-D

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

NearTao

Elpimpo

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Oskarr

texasrida1

peterpiper

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By Null Sweat Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:58 pm
I went with NearTao, the melody stuck in my head and the drums were stoopid.

Mayhem's was nice too.

Whoever wins, make dope #300 battle or DOOM tribute or something grand. :smoker:
By NearTao Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:55 pm
El Pimpo - Nice drum selection and movement… really digging this track… drums could use a little something to tie them in… maybe a hint of reverb? Definitely a solid track though!

Psych! - Ya got my vote, this was just gorgeous as heck… really dug the layers going on… was a really good choice for chops and it just all fit together like a puzzle. Those drums knocked just write too…

Oskarr - I’m on the fence on this one… I like it… but the scratching doesn’t quite land right… I think it was a good attempt, but you already got my thoughts on this…

Mayhem - Man… you worked the dissonance here so freaking hard and the track really sticks the landing for it. Really intricate… dig it… though there’s something that sounds a bit abused in a few parts… cannot put my finger on it… but really solid!

Peterpiper - So smooth… this was a super close second track for me… it’s like butter… that bass line just works so well with everything else!
By drelambo Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Been a while since I was here...don't really recognise any of the names any more but nice to see the community still going strong...some wicked flips in this one....I did submit, but looks like it was too late!

By NearTao Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:38 pm
Not sure what happened with your iframe... though I don't think the site supports it...

Here's the track you were trying to post :D

I dig it... super evocative man!
By drelambo Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:44 pm
NearTao wrote:Not sure what happened with your iframe... though I don't think the site supports it...

Here's the track you were trying to post :D

I dig it... super evocative man!

Cheers bro! It's been that long I forgot how to do it!!! ;-)
By Elpimpo Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:41 pm
Tao 2021. The silence cuts!

Psych was very cool and smooth too.
Texasrida1 also very good beat.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:28 pm
NearTeo – Really great work, man I love the quirky choppy vibes on this, this is a really great flip. Keep up the good work man

Elpimpo - Solid work I’m really digging the drums on this one man! My only criticism is the transition from the intro into the main beat could have been a tad smoother in my opinion but apart from that a really good flip

Oskarr – Dope vibes and that snare is mad crazy yo! Have to agree with NearTeo the scratching doesn’t quite sit right on this beat, it sounded a little out place in parts

Texasrida1 – Really dope work I really enjoy this flip, the vibes and energy off this flip is top notch! Great stuff

Peterpiper – Damn that bassline is dope, really dig the scratching and chops on this. Damn nearly snapped my neck!

Really great work all round but it was a super close one bewteen Texasrida1 and Peterpiper for me but Texas just edge it for me!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:02 am
Scrawny wrote:For me it was real close between peterpiper and psychedelic. Respect to both. :worthy: :worthy: :nod:

Thanks man glad you digged it :smoker:

Null Sweat wrote:Whoever wins, make dope #300 battle or DOOM tribute or something grand. :smoker:

We got something special up our sleeves for the big birthday bash but while I have the upmost respect and love for MF Doom (RIP) it won't be a Doom round. But there isn't nothing stopping you making a Doom inspired beat for the next round guys :smoker:

NearTao wrote:Psych! - Ya got my vote, this was just gorgeous as heck… really dug the layers going on… was a really good choice for chops and it just all fit together like a puzzle. Those drums knocked just write too…

Thanks man glad you like it and I appreciate the feedback :smoker:

drelambo wrote:Been a while since I was here...don't really recognise any of the names any more but nice to see the community still going strong...some wicked flips in this one....I did submit, but looks like it was too late!

Yeah unfortunately you was late to the round, deadline for the battles are every Tuesday at midnight your time. I would of thrown your entry into the vote but the trouble with the vote poll is that once the vote has been thrown up we can't edit it once someone has entered a vote as any votes that have been casted upto that point are lost and it resets itself

Elpimpo wrote:Psych was very cool and smooth too

Thanks man :smoker:
By peterpiper Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 am
I had to decide between ElPimpo (I really like the livedrum feel) and Psychedelic Schizophrenic.
Went with PS cause Boom....Bap........BoBoom..Boom..Bap and nice chops :D
NearTao: Ill chops!
Mayhem: EVIL!
Oskarr: Very nice samplechoice and beat but IMO a bit too much compression.

peace

oh, for those who like the bass in my beat......shameless sample-source disclosure I'll regret tomorrow in 3....2....1

By saltmcgault Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:35 am
alright.. i’m giving these a whirl on the monitors and seeing what everybody brought to the table. :smoker:
By drelambo Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:59 am
drelambo wrote:Been a while since I was here...don't really recognise any of the names any more but nice to see the community still going strong...some wicked flips in this one....I did submit, but looks like it was too late!

Yeah unfortunately you was late to the round, deadline for the battles are every Tuesday at midnight your time. I would of thrown your entry into the vote but the trouble with the vote poll is that once the vote has been thrown up we can't edit it once someone has entered a vote as any votes that have been casted upto that point are lost and it resets itself

No worries bro, will try and be involved for the next one!