Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Undosequence Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:52 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Wasn't feeling the sample at first then boom it clicked :smoker: All chopped, produced, mixed and mastered on the 2500 using just the sample, outside drums and an 808 for a bassline

Look forward to checking out how you guys flipped this :smoker:

Sounds nice!!! I'm really liking all the submissions!
By NearTao Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:20 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Wasn't feeling the sample at first then boom it clicked :smoker: All chopped, produced, mixed and mastered on the 2500 using just the sample, outside drums and an 808 for a bassline

Look forward to checking out how you guys flipped this :smoker:

Yeah that's legit man!
By Ajax Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:42 pm
Man, so many entries this week. I was away for the holiday weekend and just got back, so hopefully I’ll be able to drop something by the deadline tomorrow. Good stuff, fellas.

Oh, and what time zone is it? I always assume everything is ET (NYC time), but just in case...
By Lampdog Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:02 am
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:51 pm
Undosequence wrote:Sounds nice!!! I'm really liking all the submissions!

Thanks man and welcome to the battles :smoker:

NearTao wrote:Yeah that's legit man!

Thanks NT

Ajax wrote:Oh, and what time zone is it? I always assume everything is ET (NYC time), but just in case...

Entries are during in at midnight your time, so it's fairer for everyone due to different time zones

Lampdog wrote:

Now if I knew you was entering we would of rolled out the red carpet for you man :lol:

Only joking good to see you entering Lamp :smoker:
By dabmeister Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:56 pm
Lampdog wrote:

Dude, that ain't even fair. :lol: :lol: :lol: I was also looking for that moog bass somewhere in that groove!
By Lampdog Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Only joking good to see you entering Lamp :smoker:

I heard the supplied sample and it made my hands move on their own. Sample is full of goodness waiting to get got.

dabmeister wrote:Dude, that ain't even fair. :lol: :lol: :lol: I was also looking for that moog bass somewhere in that groove!

I wanted to use the low end of a slice from the sample to make the bassline. I’m not happy with the way it turned out.
By NearTao Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:44 pm
Lampdog wrote:I wanted to use the low end of a slice from the sample to make the bassline. I’m not happy with the way it turned out.

Hey... better than where my bass went. I liked where mine started... but feel it doesn't really fit quite right... like it should've been it's whole other thing.

But hey... as the artist, it's frequently easier to be harder on yourself... I dig the Moog
By dabmeister Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:30 pm
NearTao wrote:But hey... as the artist, it's frequently easier to be harder on yourself... I dig the Moog

Without question, us artists are our own worst critics. :lol:
By Ajax Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:03 am
Here's a little something... think ill do something proper later with this sample. Lots of possibilities there...

Anyway. Good luck, all. Everyone has dropped heat so far... Good stuff.

Cheers.
By Null Sweat Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:34 am

I was heading to south TX to pickup a load for work on Sunday and got stranded in this damn ice storm. I've been chilling in my ride for the past couple days, playing with this sample on the mpc500, waiting for shit to thaw out. Recorded this kinda ghetto with a 1/8" to usb converter to my phone and picked up some noise. Just wanted to throw it up.