Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

73%
N/A
9%
18%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:05 pm
Really not sure where that week went but it time once again to get voting for flip of the week

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

Undosequence

Null Sweat

NearTao

Keith's Lard

Good luck :smoker:
By NearTao Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:12 pm
Undo - Solid freaking beat… liked the use of the sounds for the flip too… really liked what I hear!

Null - Thought this was going for a DnB track… instead you almost went happy hardcore. I enjoyed what you did here, but not quite for me.

Keith - Low rider here… put your seat back in your car… left hand on the 12 and drive and head nod your way down the neighborhood… delicious.
By Undosequence Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:22 pm
Null Sweat- I wasn't expecting to hear anything like that. It wasn't my kind of thing but I loved that you did something so different.

Near Tao - I liked the beat and you have some nice cuts to go with it!

Keith's Lard - out of all the entries I'd want to listen to yours the most so I voted for you.
By Null Sweat Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:22 am
I wasn't feeling that sample, so I went left field with it. Shit had me cracking up for a hour, then I couldn't take anymore.

Undosequence - Smooth with the piano. Real nice cuts. I like how you avoided the "Doors-sey" flavor, sampling the Doors.

NearTao - I like the stuttering piano chops, cuts are pretty nice too.

Keith - That's kinda dope, I thought I was listening to a Primus song for a sec.

Went with Undosequence
By Lampdog Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:00 am
Undo the flowers sequence and try again!

By Undosequence Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:00 am
Lampdog wrote:Undo the flowers sequence and try again!

Hahaha it's a heavily used function on my mpc. I should actually assign it to a foot pedal. :)
By Ajax Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:14 pm
Ahh. Unfortunately, I missed this one... hopefully, I'll make it next week.

I loved how everyone had such a different take. Undo and Neartao made really good use of scratching. Keith's was a slow descent into madness.. Null Sweat had that psychedelic energy.

All in all, I thought everyone's was cool. But, Undo's stood out to me. It was less of an exercise in "this is all of the crazy stuff I can do with this sample" and more just a simple head nodder. But, that's what I tend to prefer in beats, personally... and I thought his chops and drums stood out. Very well done. Kudos to all, but Undo gets it.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:31 pm
Undosequence wrote:Hahaha it's a heavily used function on my mpc. I should actually assign it to a foot pedal. :)

I wasn't directing the wording at you, I was just joking in general, not coming at you or anything. It was the first thing that came to my head if someone else is having problems with a sequence. Not @ you at all.
By Undosequence Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:42 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Undosequence wrote:Hahaha it's a heavily used function on my mpc. I should actually assign it to a foot pedal. :)

I wasn't directing the wording at you, I was just joking in general, not coming at you or anything. It was the first thing that came to my head if someone else is having problems with a sequence. Not @ you at all.

Absolutely zero stress, I totally didn't take it out of context or the wrong way at all.
Thanks man!
By Undosequence Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:54 pm
Thanks for the votes and positive feedback!

I'm really happy to be making beats and for people to enjoy them. Mpc/beats/production has never come natural, it took me like 5 years to work out how to make the worst sounding beats on my old 2000xl, 15 years later and I'm finally starting to figure things out.

Scratching and turntablist stuff is what I've always focused on, but hopefully these weekly battles will be good practice and help in the quest to make a folder of beats than I'm actually happy with :)
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:27 pm
Tough one this week so props to everyone that gave it a go :smoker: I went for Undosequence this round

Well in that case I should rename myself "power off" :lol:

Undosequence wrote:hopefully these weekly battles will be good practice and help in the quest to make a folder of beats than I'm actually happy with :)

Definitely will help you man, seen so many people improve over the weeks since I've been doing these and without sounding all mushy it brings a little joy watching and hearing you all progress. It's these progressions that make us continue to run these battles :smoker:
By Undosequence Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:31 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Tough one this week so props to everyone that gave it a go :smoker: I went for Undosequence this round

Well in that case I should rename myself "power off" :lol:

Undosequence wrote:hopefully these weekly battles will be good practice and help in the quest to make a folder of beats than I'm actually happy with :)

Definitely will help you man, seen so many people improve over the weeks since I've been doing these and without sounding all mushy it brings a little joy watching and hearing you all progress. It's these progressions that make us continue to run these battles :smoker:

Ah man, it's really cool that you run them, it's such a good idea!
Thanks for doing it!