Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:01 am
Congrats to Undosequence on winning the last round, lets fire up this round and see what goodies we have to flip this week :smoker:

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/onu6buet7jl5j ... 6.zip?dl=0

Rules
Time limit of 2 minutes
Any outside drums and VSTs allowed

As per normal your entry must have battle number 305 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 16th of March
By NearTao Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:37 am
Definitely a cool sample to work with... had a lot of fun just bouncing around to listen to and record off different parts, loop sections to make instruments, and all around appreciate the track. Nice synths, pads, percussion... this track has all the mixings to put something sweet together.

Everything is from the original sample. Just played over FM to record to OP-1. Then chop/mangle/fx in the OP-1 to make about 10'ish loops. Then sampled into the MPC for further chopping, mangling and effecting to produce... whatever this track is :D

By Undosequence Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:25 am
NearTao wrote:Definitely a cool sample to work with... had a lot of fun just bouncing around to listen to and record off different parts, loop sections to make instruments, and all around appreciate the track. Nice synths, pads, percussion... this track has all the mixings to put something sweet together.

Everything is from the original sample. Just played over FM to record to OP-1. Then chop/mangle/fx in the OP-1 to make about 10'ish loops. Then sampled into the MPC for further chopping, mangling and effecting to produce... whatever this track is :D

Nice!!!! That workflow sounds like a lot of fun! :)
By NearTao Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:39 pm
The workflow was more obtuse than I usually go for, but it definitely works. I ended up using the OP-1 because my studio is upside down and almost nothing is hooked up. It turned out to be a quick way to get the audio from the computer into *something* I could record to and mess with samples for a bit, and then bring it back into the MPC.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:50 pm
As Dez is over the time limit and we only have 1 entry so far that qualifies with the rules I'm going to have throw out a week extension for this round. The new deadline is Tuesday the 16th, I will update the OG thread
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:44 pm
As Dez and Roybong are over the time limit, I really don't want to drag this round into it's 3rd week so I'm going to award the win to Near Tao. Congrats man hit myself, salt or PK1 up with a sample and rules for the next round :smoker:
By Null Sweat Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:00 pm
NearTao wrote:Saddest win this year :D

You deserve a sticker. Here you go.

:lol: Congrats, man. The time limit is kinda odd for this tiny battle.
By Lampdog Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:19 pm
NearTao wrote:Saddest win this year :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: