Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:29 am
Congrats to NearTao on his win by default... Lets get this round going

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dg8hv0ml91n1l ... n.wav?dl=0

Rules
* Outside drums and instruments okay
* Have at least two pregnant pauses

As per normal your entry must have battle number 307 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 23rd of March
By bliprock Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:00 am
Who do I bang to get a pregnant pause? Actually I am just asking if that is like a drop yeah??
Im in cos I have not done one in ages, since like number 47 or something.. so two builds and drops? is that right?
By Undosequence Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:13 am
bliprock wrote:Who do I bang to get a pregnant pause? Actually I am just asking if that is like a drop yeah??
Im in cos I have not done one in ages, since like number 47 or something.. so two builds and drops? is that right?

I always thought it was literally where the music cuts for X amount of time?
By bliprock Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:07 pm
make like Eno and just do 3 minutes of silence. Then bring that beat back!
hey what time zone we working on? East or west US? Im half done and want to be in time for it.
Love the sample btw, Japanese space jazz is always cool.
By Undosequence Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:47 pm
Really loving the sample, I've got an hour free tomorrow evening so I'll hopefully get something made.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:58 am
bliprock wrote:hey what time zone we working on? East or west US? Im half done and want to be in time for it.

bliprock regarding time zone its midnight your time so it fairer for everyone, we don't throw the vote up till late Wednesday night so your be good man :smoker:
By bliprock Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Well I had no idea, about the beat battle or time and so maybe an hour or two late as I have had major issues. I started late, and this is the first ever time I have tried to make a track on the Live. I nearly threw the MPC out the window and I have never been so frustrated or cursed so much. I came on here to actually figure out my issue with it and saw your reply at 11:45pm and went and just tried to get it out.. I am really trying to not swear here right now. But fair few hours in and I am just loosing it and almost ready to kill someone. OMG what a nightmare.
I actually came on to check and see about my issues with the MPC Live and I swear I will hunt down who ever wrote that woeful excuse of a manual and do things to them. like so many things in it that are badly written, unclear or just wrong I think.. like delete program, says it delete events, it don't though..
Anyways my main issue is using the mute track screen in stop record mode. And no I don't want to use the sequence list to add 16 track mutes. its totally rooted and just do not get it at all, Like why is it this way and why is it so useless. Its just crazy

Ok to be clear I am doing multiple precise mutes over many tracks in stop overdub. To **** some more, the whole arm track thing is friggan stupid, for instance you arm track or multiple tracks in main window, go to track view and it unarms the tracks and vice versa, is it a bug?, seems so and no matter what I did it didnt work unless I change the status to IN and then what I think was auto after cos IN wont let you hear the automation and so don't work. Am I right? like I have to say change status of 16 tracks then do the mute tracks then change the status again to hear automation. Is that right? only way I could make it work and is so time consuming so frustrating and so annoying I nearly threw the MPC and not happy and really **** pissed off. Or am I missing something. omg . I spent hours today trying to suss it out, and then oh I better get on MPC forums then saw the time cut off and just went fuuuuuck. so I only did what I could and yeah spent more time just going WTF than actually making music which is a shame, . I am agro as now. can you tell?
So just strait live take from out the back of the Live, no time to multitrack or polish it or even get to do half of what I wanted to do, damn that was a pain butl I got a good sample out of it so I will calm down, but I live in quiet place And I am surprised no one called the cops on me for swearing very Loud late at night, a lot. lol. done
By NearTao Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:16 pm
Blip my man... when you can catch a breath... two things...

it's midnight tonight... last night... so you *could* work on it some more...

and

second... if you want to talk automation or other workflows... feel free to post in the MPC Live/X/One forum... (or here too)... would be happy to discuss with you things to try/do and see if I can help.
By NearTao Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:25 pm
Also Bliprock... dig your track man... dig the change ups and little sounds going around... really cool... it surprised me in a great way!
By bliprock Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:04 am
I had to laugh Tao when you said its tonight. I am in Australia so kinda a day ahead time zone wise. So now it is the 24th here and that was my cut off when I posted it. All good, and well I think I will leave it at that.

This was exactly what I needed to actually get practice and also learn. Like all the things you need to learn and master skills wise, chopping, layering, tuning, arranging and mixing all on the MPC stand alone. So yeah this is a live take straight out the MPC with 2 synthesisers with patches I made. This morning is first time I listened to it properly, just didnt even have time to even do that. Wow I'm impressed with the result mix wise and so very impressed with the MPC Live sound live. I mean what I did was all stand alone , including the mix and mastering and this is first time I have recorded anything and also put up on soundcloud and it seems like it was actually done properly, anyways enough of my rambling.. back to the battle..

I really liked undosequence track, that was really awesome and loved it, and now following. wow that was great to hear. Brilliant, that was a winner of a track.
liked Tao track too with some awesome chops and interesting sounds in it. kudos
By saltmcgault Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:48 am
@bliprock always aim for tuesday night to be deadline. The vote thread usually doesn’t get posted until wensday at sometime. If the vote thread isn’t up you’re good to post/repost your entry.