Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:32 pm
As we had a 3 way tie for the last round (Congrats to Bliprock, Neartao and Undosequence) :smoker: I went digging and randomly picked something from my stash for this round

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq2x4uwjlmzlr ... e.wav?dl=0

Rules
Open Round

As per normal your entry must have battle number 308 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 30th of March
By bliprock Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:09 am
I hope I can do this without crying lots.. lol, that's some classic soul ... hits ya right in the feels don't it... ok let the beat battle begin. And yeah you are all winners in my book
By Lampdog Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:36 pm
bliprock wrote:I hope I can do this without crying lots.. lol, that's some classic soul ... hits ya right in the feels don't it...

+100 on that shyt right there!

LOVE Denise LaSalle.

By machzathis Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:19 am
Looking forward to what everyone else is cooking up!

reposting my link to make sure it's the right link - thanks for listening guys. so far loving how the other chops are sounding.
By bliprock Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:31 am
I liked that one Lampdog.. I'm no good at graff so they made me lookout lmao... oh takes me back. dig it. Especially that dope pitch shifting
By bliprock Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 am
Well it is Tuesday night here now and neighbours will be so over me banging out music now, so times to post what I did. Wanted to do some fills and more but this will do

I had to bring down the hihats, just had to,
By Lampdog Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:28 am
bliprock wrote:Especially that dope pitch shifting

Thanks. There was no pitch shifting at all. I almost doubled the bmp and changed my playing time signature (6/4), sequence to 12 bars, the seq itself still said 4/4.
By bliprock Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:37 pm
Lampdog wrote:Thanks. There was no pitch shifting at all. I almost doubled the bmp and changed my playing time signature (6/4), sequence to 12 bars, the seq itself still said 4/4.

must be my ears playing up and strings sounded more up but its the chopping. that's cool, don't mind me lol

I tried to not use any extra samples or synths this time, only added hihats and vocal samples and radio sweep with effects, and used the drum synths for kick and the snare. The baseline is from the song this time. Though I think I got the hihats too loud. too late to change it. Was getting hard to tell by the time I was recording it. Might try multi tracking it out next one.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:17 pm
Only extra sound is the spray paint can, everything else is from the source song.
By NearTao Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:56 pm
Not super psych'd about this track I bounced off the wall and it didn't really stick... but figured I'd spend a little time to get something together.