Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

14%
71%
14%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:03 pm
It's that time once again to wrap up another battle and vote for the flip of the week :smoker:

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

Undosequence

Lampdog

NearTao

Good luck
By Null Sweat Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:06 pm
Well, the deadline ended early. Wished I would have known. I had a little something.

Lampdog killed it. voted
By DokBrown Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:49 pm
LAMPdog had me falling out my seat at work with that beat.
Growing up off of Crenshaw & hwy 10, I admit my bias & voted for UNDO. The sample played a bigger part in the sound & the drums were SPICY.

LAMP since you are so synth heavy – I was wondering what you thought about mike deans 4:20 release last year.
By NearTao Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:53 am
Undo... dig the track, was worried it'd become too repetitive but the use of the samples was really well done.

Lamp... gave you the vote, I could see myself putting this track into the 'ole cd changer and listening to it plenty of times.

Good job!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:41 am
Null Sweat wrote:Well, the deadline ended early. Wished I would have known. I had a little something.

Lampdog killed it. voted

Sorry Null, a massive **** up on my behalf, they swapped my usual Wednesday day off to Tuesday this week. So with everything being groundhog day at the moment and the feeling of your barely alive, I did everything a day early :WTF:

Many apologises dude
By Null Sweat Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:35 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:Sorry Null, a massive **** up on my behalf, they swapped my usual Wednesday day off to Tuesday this week. So with everything being groundhog day at the moment and the feeling of your barely alive, I did everything a day early :WTF:

Many apologises dude

It happens, bro. No worries. I usually write the wrong year down, for the first 3 months of a new year.
By Lampdog Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:53 pm
DokBrown wrote:Growing up off of Crenshaw & hwy 10

I grew up @29th and Normandie Ave and later 29th and Budlong Ave.

DokBrown wrote:LAMP since you are so synth heavy – I was wondering what you thought about mike deans 4:20 release last year.

Not synth heavy at all. I consider myself drum heavy with healthy doses of synth. I don't listen to Mike Dean or Travis Scott at all.

NT and I used alot of the same snippets and Imma tell you EXACTLY how! We BOTH used threshold 50 and let the mpc autochop, LOL! 'Cause we lazy.
By NearTao Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:33 am
Actually I grabbed the chunk of the sample I wanted, made sure it looped alright for start/end points, discarded, region chopped... 16 or 32... I forget... and avoided the sections that weren't landing quite the way I wanted them to :D

Played the chops straight at the BPM I wanted, then pitched the whole thing down until I didn't hear many/any clicks or silence. 3 sections of just the sample played this way, and then made 4 variations to taste.

Sprinkled in drums and a couple other sounds from the sound fairy... and entered my relatively pedantic entry.

Still... agree with the lazy part on my behalf though