Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Beat?

N/A
63%
38%
By Undosequence Fri May 21, 2021 4:04 am
DokBrown wrote:Undo cheated with that ghostface drop ;-)
NEARTAO was a fine smooth blend with a bit of trap flava

:) that's why I did it right at the end, so the beat had already been heard for a while without lyrics. But yeah, I totally get it, beat battles and accapellas don't mix. :)
By NearTao Fri May 21, 2021 10:22 am
personally I don’t mind the accapellas but I think they are just harder because to play them straight they don’t add something new usually… and to flip those is more work to already trying to flip the sample.
By Undosequence Fri May 21, 2021 10:48 am
NearTao wrote:personally I don’t mind the accapellas but I think they are just harder because to play them straight they don’t add something new usually… and to flip those is more work to already trying to flip the sample.

I'm on the same page NearTao, I'd never let an accapella run over the whole beat but just a bit is cool, although listening back I let it run too long.
The idea was to do some scratch phrases but I ran out of time and let it just play.

Good work NearTao, looking forward to hearing a sample!
By dheurt Sat May 22, 2021 11:11 am
NearTao wrote:Alright... sending a track in case I end up the winner... see you guys on the other side!

Great, i hope have time to do something more elaborate than my last loop
By saltmcgault Sat May 22, 2021 7:41 pm
These were all nice flips. I voted for Near Tao I think he did the most with this round. I’ve been sitting on that sample for a long time. As far as i’m concerned pellas are cool as long as the beat is dope. They are frowned upon by some which is all good I get it.
By Undosequence Sat May 22, 2021 8:55 pm
saltmcgault wrote:These were all nice flips. I voted for Near Tao I think he did the most with this round. I’ve been sitting on that sample for a long time. As far as i’m concerned pellas are cool as long as the beat is dope. They are frowned upon by some which is all good I get it.

Good choice and agreed, yeah, if the beat is a couple of minutes long and the accapella is minority of it, AND there's no rules then I wouldn't say throwing in an accapella is "cheating" at all.
I'll avoid them in future mpcforum BB though (apart from for scratches of course :) )