Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:06 pm
Congrats to Reefer Madness on winning the last round, time to get the next one started

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyy7a77vqznzu ... t.mp3?dl=0

Rules
Up In Space Week
Built your own Synth out of the Sample and try to come up with a chord progression which is not from this world. Bring us to another dimension.
Everything is allowed. Good Luck and have fun chopping.

As per normal your entry must have battle number 315 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 27th of July
By NearTao Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:28 pm
There wasn't a whole lot I was sure to do with this track that I didn't think somebody else might do. Nice sounds, but kinda slow and evolving. I ended up recording the entire track into the Morphagene, and then using clips of it to create ambience.

Played/recorded this live. All mistakes are mine, this was probably the fifth or sixth take... for live stuff practice definitely makes perfect, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to keep the patch together. Will probably write up a bit more for a blog post or something if anybody is interested in how all the parts are hooked up/working together.

By NearTao Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:39 pm
I wasn't going to go back to this, but decided before I tear the patch down I'd take another stab at it, and personally I think this came out better.

Also, yes I realize I recorded this with the iPhone mic and not the Zoom H6... whoops... might take one last pass to try and get a better recording... but this is what I've got for now.

By NearTao Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:59 pm
Alright... last recording... I swear... hooked up the Zoom H6 properly and everything this time... so the sound quality should be a lot better

By Reefer Madness Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 pm
Hey, really interesting what you do and how Tao. :popcorn: Sorry to hear you don't really like the quest this week. Didn't want to come up with the 300th soul sample and thought I bring something challenging from outside of the box.
As I said you can come up with outside samples to bring your flavor. I was thinking about something like this:
Why don't you try to tweak just the ambience at once and than add a solid D&B Drumbreak? I think that would fit your track quite well!
Hope not everybody's having a hard time with the sample? :hmmm:Good Luck