Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

60%
40%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:09 am
It's time once again to crown this weeks winner

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

NearTao

Reefer Madness

Good luck fellas
By NearTao Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:37 pm
The first vocal fit in... but the "it's a new dimension" felt off to me... maybe running it through a radio effect or something to filter it to sound a bit like the first vocal sample would've helped? Not sure... cuz it sounded a bit stretched. Definitely like the ambience and beat, would suggest a few drops, or maybe fit in a build up?

I do think you hit the mix better than my track, there are sections in my track that aren't quite as loud or louder than I wanted... but that's a risk you take when you're playing out live and not tracking to separate outs to mix in later, and letting some randomness into the track. I also think the sample sometimes sounds really good and settles in nicely, but for part of the track it's just kind of "there"... will have to think about how to get it to settle in and be showcased a bit better.

Keep hitting those pads man!
By DokBrown Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:51 pm
SHOWmanship always get u extra points ;-)

NEARTAO showing y he is a MASTER JEDI in these here parts.
I was wondering whether any1 actually used those CV in/outs . . . . .
By bliprock Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:51 am
oh no you closed it before I can enter .. aargh I am nearly finished so will post it in a few hours