Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:37 am
Big up NearTao & drelambo on the joint first win of the year. Sorry for the delay on getting the next one up guys, hopefully will get back on track with these now :smoker:

Sample
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qht6e4v8zv2y8 ... e.WAV?dl=0

Rules
Open round

As per normal your entry must have battle number 324 in track title and please use soundcloud or youtube to post your track here in this thread. The Battle deadline is midnight Tuesday the 1st of February
By NearTao Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:57 pm

Few notes... did all of this on the SP-404 mk2, so all FX are turned on/off real time... so don't mind it being off in a spot or two (or do... and don't vote for the track lol). To get things going I just picked the FX and adjusted settings to taste, but no random knob twiddling or anything... just played it straight.

Bus FX used
* Downer
* Isolator
* Scatter

Had found a fun use for Stopper, but I recorded this as like the fifth or sixth take... and not going back.

Master FX used
* Warm Saturator
* 303 Vinyl SIm

Drums are just from whatever kick/snare/hat I had laying around... nothing fancy...

All the noise samples were me sampling various mouth noises with a mic, and maybe some fx for taste... but cannot remember off hand.

The rest of it is from the sample, and was just really listening and trying to find some notes I liked and thought would work with pitching stuff up and down, resampling, and just exploring.

Had fun, that's the important thing :D

Can't wait to see what other folks do!
By Waxod Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:13 pm
My contribution, machine used SP404 mk2.

By _bug0ut Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:47 pm
Waxod wrote:Bug0ut great job

Thanks, man - yours was pretty slick, too.
I'm not big on making commitments, but gonna try to join in on these battles going forward.