Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip????

N/A
N/A
11%
67%
N/A
22%
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:44 am
Firstly a big welcome to the new members and its great to see some old face back in here too :smoker:

Right lets wrap this up and crown this weeks winner!

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 2 day, can the winner please send me , PK1 or Saltmcgault
ONE sample/rules on Friday for the next round. As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc

NearTao

Waxod

_bug0ut

FrankTheLyricalTank

Cockdiesel

J.O.BEATS

Good luck fellas :smoker:
By NearTao Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:36 pm
My Track - I'm okay with it... performance issues and all... probably needed to practice on it more and let it soak a bit... honestly, just made the main loop and then had fun with it on the SP... *maybe* should've exported audio tracks to the MPC so I could do more chopping and arranging... but whatever...

Waxed - You had me head scratching from using the pic on my guide lol... dig this... laid back and got a nice vibe to it. Would be interested to know more about your process. Only thing is it feels a bit repetitive... but could def drink some moonshine to this :D

_bug0ut - dude... stop hiding... you need to participate in more battles and share more tracks... you're being way to hard on yourself... this is freaking dope.

FrankTheLyricalTank - heck man... THIS... right here... THIS... love the whole thing here, so freaking smooth. Simple, subtle, and hits right in the feels. This track is something that just builds... no advice, but just great job!

Cockdiesel - I feel like you hit some kind of wonky off kilter space I was in for the track. Dig this beast... only thought that comes to mind is I'm really waiting on a flip of the strings... gated filter... something? Maybe it would be too much to handle :D

J.O. Beats - this is just some serious ear candy... really beautiful use of the sample...

Thanks guys... hope to see you folks around for the next track!
By Cockdiesel Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:17 pm
Personal criticism: i found one dope sample and played it out too much. Alot i still need to learn like song mode and such. I liked the favor of the into i added to it, doesnt mesh well and ran out off time to go that direction.

Tao: i think you got the change ups and stuff down. Some was cool, other stuff i just either didn’t vibe with it or didn’t see the context .

Waxed: i like you seemed to follow the rules more to a t than everyone except maybe bugout. Would be cool to see more shaping of the sounds and playing with less static programming. You’re almost there.

Bugout: I vibed with yours the most. A nice big sound, love the filters or whatever you have going on. I will say maybe work on not such a static programming. It’s hard i know. But just something i noticed.

Frank: while your beat was cool i think you fell into the same trap as me with repetitiveness, although you did it way better. The polished samples used fit well, but seem like they would fit well on any beat type of thing. Maybe a change up on the break or something as well.

Jo- like how clean yours sounds. Can get a bit redundant but that seems to be the theme including mine.

Voted for bugout. I vibed with his the most and found it most interesting. Although i think everyone did well with the sample that was offered.
By _bug0ut Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Feedback...

Myself: There's always somethin missing from my shit (in my eyes) and this is no different. I feel like I could've added some more atmosphere in there but for where I'm at, I'm more satisfied with this than a lot of the other shit I've churned out in the past. Getting there, slowly. Cockdiesel nailed it on the static nature of the whole thing, it's a habit of mine to start feeling some fatigue towards the end of a track so I just try to wrap that shit up so I can move on to whatever's next. Something to work on, for sure.

NearTao: Typical NearTao weirdo shit :lol: , and a typically dope NearTao track. I always like what you do with filters, man. Your sample mangling was on point with this one and really creative. This one felt like it should be used in a montage in a movie like Pi or something else that's offbeat and takes place in a city - just the vibe I caught from it.

Waxod: This one feels like you tapped into the same bottle of Robotussin as NearTao :lol: . That lead sounds like some weird melancholy Aphex Twin shit and it makes me feel kind of uncomfortable, but in a good way if that makes sense. Ditto on it being a little repetitive - this one definitely deserves more fleshing out.

FrankTheLyricalTank: This was really dope. The chops on the guitars from later in the track came out **** great and they flow really well. The hats and the snare created a really satisfying rhythm and the subtle use of that string hit came in nice. Liked the choice of instrumentation for the melody that kicks in at around :45 - got a real dreamy feel from it.

Cockdiesel: More of that experimental type vibe I got from NearTao and Waxod - this was a fun listen, for sure, but I feel like the low end got a little less love than it should. Agree that you kinda fell into the same trap of repetitiveness that caught a couple of us this go around.

J.O.BEATS: Another entry that took serious advantage of the guitars from later on in the provided track. A little repetitive like some of the others but besides that, nothin' but praise for this groove. Real satisfying to listen through.

FrankTheLyricalTank got my vote, otherwise it woulda gone to J.O.BEATS.

Frank:
By Lampdog Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:09 pm
FrankTheLyricalTank
By DokBrown Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:45 pm
legit competition here !!!!!!!!!
By DokBrown Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:41 am
JO BEATS & FRANK was close on this 1.

Whoever wins this – im start calling them “clutch”