Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By saltmcgault Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:05 am
Damn all the entries were nice last round! I'm still not sure who I would've voted for.
Dez sent me a sample so lets see what he as for BB#337.

Open Round

Sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w8ja7b2khp83 ... 0.wav?dl=0

Submit your entry via youtube or soundcloud and put BB#337 somewhere in the title.
the deadline is Tuesday August 2nd @ midnight. Im going to make a point to be on top of
it and get the vote thread up and not leave you cats hangin. Good luck and have fun!!!
By Lampdog Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:11 am
Nice sample
By NearTao Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:33 am
Not quite as clean as I'd like... but I did a lot of weird stuff like recording the track over FM... and then recorded a ton of content into the Force to try and get more comfortable with the arranger. Anyways... this is my shorty.

Anyways... chopping in the MPC -> FX on the 404 mk2 -> Force to record loops as streamlined as I could.
By BostonGreen Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:14 pm
Lampdog wrote:Nice sample

Yeah really nice, might pop my cherry with an entry myself.

What would the closing time be for UK (GMT) .....

If it helps, it's 17:15 GMT on Saturday as I type
By Lampdog Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:33 pm
Open round/rules it says. Use whatever you want as long as the source song is used. Some people go strictly with the source, some throw in other gear and samples, vocals even (I don’t like when that happens, but whatever, do it!).
By NearTao Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:03 pm
PaloSanto wrote:Hello!
I’m new here. A friend of Lamp, he told me about the beat battle.

Thanks

This continues my belief that all of Lamp's best friends are or have been on these boards :D

Cool flip :D
By Lampdog Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:11 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By BostonGreen Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:13 pm
NearTao wrote:
PaloSanto wrote:Hello!
I’m new here. A friend of Lamp, he told me about the beat battle.

Thanks

This continues my belief that all of Lamp's best friends are or have been on these boards :D

Cool flip :D

Yes, I listened to this and thought, whats the point of me entering :lol:
By Lampdog Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:21 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Yes, I listened to this and thought, whats the point of me entering :lol:

Same. I’m scared for my life.

:lol: :lol:
By BostonGreen Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:20 pm
Only had today to get this done as can't guarantee I'll have any spare time tomorrow to work on it, so pretty basic.

This is my very first beat battle entry, I'm just a hobby producer, so nothing to prove, no flexing, no delusions of fame, but treat me gently :lol:

It does pass the Shazam algorithm :smoker:
By akaimpclive2 Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:06 pm
I understand that only one bit can be given? Because yesterday I did 4 and each one in a different style and now I can't decide on one: D
By akaimpclive2 Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:36 pm
NearTao wrote:Just one entry, but you could always put drops in between and have some mad change ups

Good idea, but a little too much effort to do in mpc live. Without a DAW it's a lot of work to glue 4 beats together