Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By Lampdog Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:21 pm
Fixed

It’s exactly as Frank said.
By BostonGreen Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:39 pm
Lampdog wrote:Fixed

It’s exactly as Frank said.

Thank you. Frank inadvertently put a space after first [ and I copy/pasted it :WTF:
By Lampdog Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:42 pm
Frank did that because if he didn’t add the space then the forum wouldn’t spell out the whole thing for you to see in text. The forum would actually “do it” and create the link in the post.

Hit quote on your post with the soundcloud link to see what I did.
By BostonGreen Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:02 pm
Ahhh yeah, I getcha
By NearTao Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:27 pm
Had something going with the original sample... but not sure I'm feeling the new one... ah well... might give it one more try tonight.
By akaimpclive2 Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:32 pm
I didn't have much time to play with mpc, so everything was done quickly in one go. I feel like I'm profaning Edyta's wonderful song
By Lampdog Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:36 pm
Some good energy running through that.
By akaimpclive2 Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:25 pm
Lampdog wrote:Some good energy running through that.

It's about my beat?
Thanks. I try to improve my musical skills
By saltmcgault Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:27 am
BostonGreen wrote:
There is only one sample to download

It's just my opinion, but the samples/tracks offered up each week, are a bit shit if you're a beginner and not very inclusive, probably why there's only half dozen entries each week out of 76,000 members :hmmm:

How about you quit your bitching and win a battle so you can submit a fire sample. :lol:

I took the 1st sample down since akaimpclive2 sent me a sample he wanted to use. I’m not trying to rob akaimpclive2 of shine on his 1st beat battle win.
By BostonGreen Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:20 am
saltmcgault wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:
There is only one sample to download

It's just my opinion, but the samples/tracks offered up each week, are a bit shit if you're a beginner and not very inclusive, probably why there's only half dozen entries each week out of 76,000 members :hmmm:

How about you quit your bitching and win a battle so you can submit a fire sample. :lol:

I took the 1st sample down since akaimpclive2 sent me a sample he wanted to use. I’m not trying to rob akaimpclive2 of shine on his 1st beat battle win.

Great encouragement for a newbie hobby user.
By Lampdog Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:45 pm
Damn. Frank and Undo aint takin NO prisoners either.
By NearTao Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:12 pm
BostonGreen wrote:Great encouragement for a newbie hobby user.

Honestly I don't think any harm was meant. Just that if you don't like the sample(s) provided, pony up and win. Then you can take the BB in any direction you want.

The rule for ages has been for the winner to post a new sample at their discretion. We've had the spectrum of great samples, reused to death samples, next to impossible samples, it has run the gamut for plenty. Get a win and show us what you want others to enjoy/flip :D

If you want a place that is more BB focussed, with lots of samples, check out STBBForever among other places...
By Large Jesus Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:00 am
NearTao wrote:
BostonGreen wrote:Great encouragement for a newbie hobby user.

If you want a place that is more BB focussed, with lots of samples, check out STBBForever among other places...

Yo, I checked out STBBForever and the font is TERRIFYING.