Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

best flip?

45%
18%
36%
By saltmcgault Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:58 pm
It's time to check out some beats and see who brought the most heat for round #340!

Usual rules as per normal, obviously you all know by now don’t vote for yourself. Vote will run for 1 day,
can the winner please send me, PK1, or Psychedelic Schizophrenic sample/rules on Friday/Saturday for the next round.
As always all feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, so let these guys know what you thought of their tracks etc...

akaimpclive2

FrankTheLyricalTank

UNDOSEQUENCE
By Large Jesus Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:46 am
Salt, I think you forgot something bro. :hmmm:

Hats off to all you guys though. Those beats are tough! I had a crazy week so I only tried messing with that sample for about an hour but I couldn't get shit out of it.
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:22 am
Large Jesus wrote:Salt, I think you forgot something bro. :hmmm:

Thanks for the heads up..
By Undosequence Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:24 pm
Thanks for the vote!

I went with Akai, I really like all the beats, but to my ears the bass in Salts beat didn't sit with the sample (that could 100% be my bad ear though) , and on lyrical tanks beat I would find the ''oooooooh'' part of her voice that repeats a bit too repetitive after a few listens.

I'm not meaning to offend in any way, especially as I know there's a LOT wrong with pretty much every beat I make :lol: Just offering some constructive criticism.
By Undosequence Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:27 pm
ah hang on, have I got confused with your signature as submission Salt? sorry about that.
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:15 pm
Undosequence wrote:ah hang on, have I got confused with your signature as submission Salt? sorry about that.

:lol: its all good. i don't like the bass on that one either.
By Lampdog Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:05 pm
akaimpclive2
By Large Jesus Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:06 pm
I liked Undo's beat the best. +1 point for flipping my perception of the down beat when the drums kicked in. -1 point for making me want to buy turntables.

But I voted for akaimpclive2 just cause I want to see what other samples he's got in the hopper and I want redemption on trying to turn it into something.
By Undosequence Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:59 am
Large Jesus wrote:I liked Undo's beat the best. +1 point for flipping my perception of the down beat when the drums kicked in. -1 point for making me want to buy turntables.

But I voted for akaimpclive2 just cause I want to see what other samples he's got in the hopper and I want redemption on trying to turn it into something.

Haha, everyone needs turntables!! :)
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:56 pm
It's been a while since I checked into the boards, hope everyone is good. A big huge thanks to Salt for holding it down once again :worthy: Hopefully will jump on the next round

Really dope work by all was a tough one but Undosequence did it for me this round :smoker:
By akaimpclive2 Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:19 pm
Large Jesus wrote:I liked Undo's beat the best. +1 point for flipping my perception of the down beat when the drums kicked in. -1 point for making me want to buy turntables.

I love your argument for voting for me :-D

This time, a Polish classic will also enter the grate.

...Long live the ball! Because this life is the ball of all balls Long live the ball! They will never invite us ever again The orchestra is playing They are still dancing and the doors are open The day worth a day And this life is worth the effort...
...This ball is the longest they have invited us to Sadly, there will be no encore So before our hearts declare bankruptcy To the ball, march to the ball...

By saltmcgault Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:58 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote: A big huge thanks to Salt for holding it down once again :worthy: Hopefully will jump on the next round.

No thanks needed homie. I try to help my friends when I can and I enjoy hearing different styles and beat heads getting better. I should set aside some time to **** with these samples too.