Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By SpectacularCommodity1776 Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:54 pm
Lampdog or whoever should be banned from making music if he seriously chose video game music for the samples. The fact that he's even sat down and listened to "London Philharmonic Orchestra - The Greatest Video Game Music" should be enough to warrant such a ban but sampling and insisting that others sample it is completely over the line. Just let that sink in. Grown men are out here sampling music from video games. Horrifying!
By Large Jesus Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:35 pm
SpectacularCommodity1776 wrote:Lampdog or whoever should be banned from making music if he seriously chose video game music for the samples. The fact that he's even sat down and listened to "London Philharmonic Orchestra - The Greatest Video Game Music" should be enough to warrant such a ban but sampling and insisting that others sample it is completely over the line. Just let that sink in. Grown men are out here sampling music from video games. Horrifying!

You butt-hurt, bro? :lol: Did you listen to the album? There's a ton of material in there that even a halfway decent producer (which I don't claim to be, at all) could do a lot with.
As I believe has been said here before, win a battle and then you get to choose the source material. Until then, maybe try and do your best not to get mad about strangers on the internet doing shit that doesn't have shit to do with you! :lol:
By akaimpclive2 Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:39 pm
And I couldn't stand it and sat down in the mpc. I picked the first track from the sample pack and did something like this (as long as it's not too late?)
By NearTao Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:11 am
SpectacularCommodity1776 wrote:Lampdog or whoever should be banned from making music if he seriously chose video game music for the samples. The fact that he's even sat down and listened to "London Philharmonic Orchestra - The Greatest Video Game Music" should be enough to warrant such a ban but sampling and insisting that others sample it is completely over the line. Just let that sink in. Grown men are out here sampling music from video games. Horrifying!

And here I was thinking you were only pretending to be a terrible human being.
By saltmcgault Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:28 am
Large Jesus wrote:win a battle and then you get to choose the source material. Until then, maybe try and do your best not to get mad about strangers on the internet doing shit that doesn't have shit to do with you! :lol:

:nod:

I highly doubt 50 the sampleking has the balls to enter a battle. :lol:
By Lampdog Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:35 am

Join or not.

By SpectacularCommodity1776 Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:08 am
Large Jesus wrote:

You butt-hurt, bro? :lol: Did you listen to the album? There's a ton of material in there that even a halfway decent producer (which I don't claim to be, at all) could do a lot with.
As I believe has been said here before, win a battle and then you get to choose the source material. Until then, maybe try and do your best not to get mad about strangers on the internet doing shit that doesn't have shit to do with you! :lol:

the problem here isn't that there's nothing usable on the album. with today's technology you can pretty much twist any sample into sounding like anything and even with something more rudimentary (like an MPC) there are very few pieces of music that an inspired producer couldn't twist into something decent. the problem here is that video games are for kids and therefore any musician worth their salt wouldn't sample video game music, even as a joke. like I said, the fact that he even knows about an album that's an orchestra playing video game music is pretty damning enough, but this fool has the audacity to insult us all by selecting it as the source material and predictably enough the little men who inhabit this forum are just sitting there taking it! tough situation!