Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!
By saltmcgault Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:13 am
Props to Lampdog with last rounds W! Pk1 sent me some spooky shit this morning... its only right to use it for this weeks sample.

Open round.

Sample: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0debfiwui0pvm ... 5.wav?dl=0

Please submit your entry via soundcloud or youtube with 345 somewhere in the title.
The deadline is tuesday november 8th at midnight. Good luck and have fun! Happy Halloweeen!RIP. MF DOOM.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:47 am
Cool!!
By Lampdog Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:14 pm
That hits hard!

Sample sounds like it comes from a PS3 Sly Cooper game soundtrack.
Shout out to an EXCELLENT game!
By Large Jesus Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:23 am
Undosequence wrote:

I don't know if it was something at my end but the sample was very quiet, hence the hiss :lol:

Bro what?? I haven’t even tried chopping this yet and I’m ready to call it. I need to learn to scratch. What’s your setup?
By saltmcgault Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:52 am
My bad fellas i didn’t notice until i was **** with the sample last night. i forgot to normalize the sample in ableton. either way. here’s the OG source. don’t throw away your battle entries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i7BWFaDxEA
By Undosequence Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:24 am
Lampdog wrote:That hits hard!

Sample sounds like it comes from a PS3 Sly Cooper game soundtrack.
Shout out to an EXCELLENT game!

Thanks! and yeah, the sample is fire!
By Undosequence Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:32 am
Large Jesus wrote:
Undosequence wrote:

I don't know if it was something at my end but the sample was very quiet, hence the hiss :lol:

Bro what?? I haven’t even tried chopping this yet and I’m ready to call it. I need to learn to scratch. What’s your setup?

Thanks!

For scratching I use a ridiculously overpriced pioneer djm s-11 (I make faceplates for them so needed one for product shots etc, or that was my excuse to my wife anyway haha) and I use a Vestax pdx-3000.

A good mixer that's also very cheap which also allows you to incorporate DVS for scratching your own samples is the Traktor Z2. I bet you can get them used for around £200/$200

I've always tried my best to keep the cuts simple and funky, trying to make them sit as well as possible in the beat, which is cool as if you're a complete beginner at scratching you can do the same once you've learnt the foundations.

If you want to hear more of the cuts please give me a follow on instagram I'm @undosequence
By Lampdog Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:33 pm