Submit your beats to our regular battles - the winner starts the next battle!

Best Flip?

25%
13%
63%
By saltmcgault Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:18 pm
Lets check out some beats. Who brought it?

Vote rules:
vote goes for two days
don't vote for self
let em know what you thought.

akaimpclive2

UNDOSEQUENCE

Large Jesus
By NearTao Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:29 pm
akaimpclive2
* dig this track... bells maybe could've been darkened (filtering, pitching down a little... maybe just quieter?)... dope track

UNDOSEQUENCE
* intro is spaced out... might be me, but the scratching felt a bit off beat a few times... drums to me were mixed in perfectly though... could have used the bass a bit more forward I suspect

Large Jesus
* probably the prettiest track here... drums are quite present... though there's a few organ hits that felt a bit superfluous... change up about halfway through didn't work for me... still dig the track... though I feel like it'd be solid with about 30 seconds removed to help tighten it up

All great entries... should've tried to pull something together cuz I really dig what you all did with the track!
By Lampdog Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:01 pm
By Undosequence Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:42 am
Without a doubt Large Jesus.

NearTao, “scratching off” that’s interesting, to my ears it sounded in the pocket. I do like my cuts to dance around the beat a bit but definitely never intend for them to sound off.
I need to keep an eye on that :)
By NearTao Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:57 pm
Undosequence wrote:Without a doubt Large Jesus.

NearTao, “scratching off” that’s interesting, to my ears it sounded in the pocket. I do like my cuts to dance around the beat a bit but definitely never intend for them to sound off.
I need to keep an eye on that :)

I listened again... it could be me... it's also possible that it's a different sound that's a bit off... those deep bell kind of sounds that you open with seems to be pushing a slightly different groove than the drums/scratching. I dunno... ignore me :D
By saltmcgault Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:31 pm
Golden stirling wrote:Hi guys!! Could I join in on the next battle???

Yes