The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By zangetsu01 Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:45 am
Ultros, can you also look at the fact that: Lets say I'm in MPC stand alone mode. When I tap computer mode it goes into the Force computer mode and when I'm in Force standalone mode and I tap computer mode it goes into the MPC computer mode?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 am
rvense wrote:Earlier versions you could trick into using external USB interfaces, it basically picked the first one. 2.8 fixed this "bug". It's just ALSA, they could let you use whatever class compliant by picking from a drop-down.

IMHO This so called “bug” ^ was an amazing feature that could open up huge potentials in standalone mode.
By Ultros Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:41 am
zangetsu01 wrote:Ultros, can you also look at the fact that: Lets say I'm in MPC stand alone mode. When I tap computer mode it goes into the Force computer mode and when I'm in Force standalone mode and I tap computer mode it goes into the MPC computer mode?

Lmfao yeah that is something *i* did cooky... its been remedied in my personal cfw. That's just some shell script i overlooked. when coding it i hadnt thought about the controller mode being a re-initialization of the software. It re-inits the mpc program into the controller state. Just had to extend the range of some conditional parathesis. ooopsies. *hangs head* in my haste to get it working I overlooked it.
By Ultros Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:19 am
Please read post in its entirity before attempting to use this

**NOTE** is only works if you're already running one of the hakai cfw's i posted. **NOTE**

If you don't feel comfortable attempting it, dont. I dont want anyone who's incompetent to destroy their stuff and blaming me because they didn't have the ability to interpret the instructions.

Alrighty so i found some free time to fix up the custom firmware a bit, i created a nice small patch people can use to make the transition. This isnt a complex task if you can follow instructions.

What's new?:
# - Users may now spoof their systems to whatever product code they want from usb or sdcard
# - Users now have persistant settings from usb or sd
# - Users now have the ability to globally map their own devices
# - Force software decontaminated of APC sabotage (APC Not working as control interface but can be mapped)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patching Instructions:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get yourself a **USB** card (NOT an SD card) that you're ok with using for the task. Next from pc unzip the file and copy the scripts folder to the root (uppermost) directory of the usb card.

next while the MPC is off insert the card into the mpc and power the mpc on, wait until the unit powers back off and remove the card. Do not run this script more than once. WATCH THE UNIT AND MAKE SURE IT POWERS ITSELF OFF meaning it has finished patching.

After you are done running this patch ONLY ONCE, remove the scripts folder off the usb card from the pc or format it so you dont end up re-running it again by mistake.

Extra goodies: MPC.Settings / Spoofing
(These are seperate goodies from the patch meant to be used after the patch is completed)

So you've applied the patch and now you're ready for the fun stuff, great.

Copy the MPC.Settings to the root of a memory card, feel free to edit options in the file and save it. You now have acess to a pile of hidden options.

product_id.txt is used for spoofing the system ID. it's vital for making the FORCE software even load. If you cant get into the force software anymore its because you need to create a txt file on your usb or sd card called product_id.txt and inside of that file should be only 4 characters ADA2. Now to use force you should dedicate a card to your force projects.

You can spoof to others as well such as ACVA, ACV8, ACV5 (mpc-one, mpc-live, mpc-x).
By Ultros Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:37 am
I made a mess of some code, despite it mostly working i screwed up on the midi stuff.. gimme a couple days... gotta work so time is limited. not a big deal... Safe to use but better to wait for the next patch. I didnt take into account some stuff in relation to different devives so it will work mint on the MPC one, not so much on Live or X (not that it will hurt them, it just lacks functionality)... WAAA waaaaa i spent all day messing around to get it working and have to admit defeat and go to sleep.
By zangetsu01 Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:28 pm
Ultros wrote: Please read post in its entirity before attempting to use this

**NOTE** is only works if you're already running one of the hakai cfw's i posted. **NOTE**

If you don't feel comfortable attempting it, dont. I dont want anyone who's incompetent to destroy their stuff and blaming me because they didn't have the ability to interpret the instructions.

Alrighty so i found some free time to fix up the custom firmware a bit, i created a nice small patch people can use to make the transition. This isnt a complex task if you can follow instructions.

What's new?:
# - Users may now spoof their systems to whatever product code they want from usb or sdcard
# - Users now have persistant settings from usb or sd
# - Users now have the ability to globally map their own devices
# - Force software decontaminated of APC sabotage (APC Not working as control interface but can be mapped)

Patching Instructions:
Get yourself a **USB** card (NOT an SD card) that you're ok with using for the task. Next from pc unzip the file and copy the scripts folder to the root (uppermost) directory of the usb card.

next while the MPC is off insert the card into the mpc and power the mpc on, wait until the unit powers back off and remove the card. Do not run this script more than once. WATCH THE UNIT AND MAKE SURE IT POWERS ITSELF OFF meaning it has finished patching.

After you are done running this patch ONLY ONCE, remove the scripts folder off the usb card from the pc or format it so you dont end up re-running it again by mistake.

Extra goodies: MPC.Settings / Spoofing
(These are seperate goodies from the patch meant to be used after the patch is completed)

So you've applied the patch and now you're ready for the fun stuff, great.

Copy the MPC.Settings to the root of a memory card, feel free to edit options in the file and save it. You now have acess to a pile of hidden options.

product_id.txt is used for spoofing the system ID. it's vital for making the FORCE software even load. If you cant get into the force software anymore its because you need to create a txt file on your usb or sd card called product_id.txt and inside of that file should be only 4 characters ADA2. Now to use force you should dedicate a card to your force projects.

You can spoof to others as well such as ACVA, ACV8, ACV5 (mpc-one, mpc-live, mpc-x).

I can confirm that patching, spoofing and switching between Force and MPC works!
By Ultros Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:28 am
Ok so here is patch 4, big code clean up... and the addition of the ability to import .xmm from SD or USB.

It includes the previous patch design. It's also safe to use if you've already installed the previous patch. No risk but does not require users to have installed that one first. This one does all previous patching plus additional stuff.

What it does:
Pretty much the same thing as the last patch with the addition of midi import and i've cleaned up the code. More defailed description is It will allow you to spoof the unit, import MPC.Settings and import midi configs (.xmm). Also patches a string in the force software.

How to install:
To install this patch use the same instructions as listed the patch related post above.

How to midi Import:
Create a folder on your USB or SD card called "Midi Learn" (without quotations) named just as you see it with punctuation. Next head over to your mpc sofrware on pc and map your favorite device on the pc software, then you can drop it into the Midi Learn folder on your USB or SD and when you boot the mpc it will be imported to the internal. After that you can tell the program which midi map to use by editing this like in your MPC.Settings file:

Code: Select all <VALUE name="MidiLearnPreviousMapping" val="/media/<name of your sdcard>/Midi Learn/your.xmm"/>

Download
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bz0zod
By T-Monk Tue May 11, 2021 2:50 pm
I tried this on my MPC One and I really liked some things, except I was unable to use the 16 pads to record any drum or keygroup performances.

Was that user error?

Lots of potential since I prefer the clip and arranger workflow from the Force and the form factor of the One.
By Ultros Tue May 11, 2021 4:58 pm
T-Monk wrote:I tried this on my MPC One and I really liked some things, except I was unable to use the 16 pads to record any drum or keygroup performances.

Was that user error?

Lots of potential since I prefer the clip and arranger workflow from the Force and the form factor of the One.

No its not user error, the mpc's interface is its own midi device and its mapped to certain midi notes and the mpc are missing some of those buttons so theres no way to switch the pads on. I am still poking away at it @ tmonk but sadly im only one guy. Thekikgen made some progress toward making it work with a custom controller but thats not optimal, i am trying to patch the issues within the software rather than brutalising it with homebrew code and thats taking some time to isolate is all. I need help from a force owner. I think i may have found someone to help.

You can use an external controller to trigger drums. those work fine if you have an MPK or APC or something.
By T-Monk Wed May 12, 2021 6:01 am
Actually, you can use the pads of the MPC One to record! You just need to launch the clip, then press the Program Edit button. Whenever you want to record, just hit the OverDub button.

Still finding some glitches, but this is so much more Ableton like, and my brain has gotten used to working this way versus the MPC sequence way. I hope this project continues to keep going. Looking forward to fixes in the future.
By T-Monk Wed May 12, 2021 4:25 pm
And more info:

You can also play/ record notes using the Notes mode (Hakai Force "Pad Perform") on the MPC One. Just press Shift+16 Levels/Notes. You need to set this note mode layout to "Off". For Drum Programs, the Program itself needs its pad mapping set to chromatic mode, which is not the default when creating Drum Programs on the MPC. Chances are you will need to edit the Drum Program and change the mapping.

To map the kit in chromatic mode, you need to open it in the MPC side of things, so you'll need to start a new project which flips the machine into MPC mode. Load the kit. On the main screen in the Drum Program row, click the pencil icon on the right, then select Edit Pad Map. In the new pop-up window, chose the preset Chromatic C-2. Re-save the Drum Program. Next time you load that Drum Program on the Hakai Force it will be playable!