The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Ultros Thu May 13, 2021 12:34 am
T-Monk wrote:And more info:

You can also play/ record notes using the Notes mode (Hakai Force "Pad Perform") on the MPC One. Just press Shift+16 Levels/Notes. You need to set this note mode layout to "Off". For Drum Programs, the Program itself needs its pad mapping set to chromatic mode, which is not the default when creating Drum Programs on the MPC. Chances are you will need to edit the Drum Program and change the mapping.

To map the kit in chromatic mode, you need to open it in the MPC side of things, so you'll need to start a new project which flips the machine into MPC mode. Load the kit. On the main screen in the Drum Program row, click the pencil icon on the right, then select Edit Pad Map. In the new pop-up window, chose the preset Chromatic C-2. Re-save the Drum Program. Next time you load that Drum Program on the Hakai Force it will be playable!

Nice!! i am going to try remapping some kits then. I knew that if you flipped menus while recording a clip you could input notes. Nice find t-monk!

Many hands make light work. Admitedly i've only owned a modern mpc since dec 29 2020. lol...

Got it, pad perform with the remap works, however you can play the kit in classic mpc mode by hitting track mix button. Am i missing the reason for remap other than "pad perform?" I guess i can map 64 samples to my apc mini now.

Also pro tip, all your midi controllers will send notes in the matrix window. Hit over dub then smash some buttons on your keyboard or drum pad. I had to remap my MPK mini play's drum pads from midi note 36 up.
By T-Monk Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 pm
Ultros: has anyone offered up the Hype synth presets or data? Does anyone know where the files are at on the Force? They may just be simple wavetables. That could be really fun if that was the case (user wavetables).

I’m not a coder, but is there anything I can do to help the cause?

Thanks.
By Ultros Mon May 17, 2021 3:58 pm
T-Monk wrote:Ultros: has anyone offered up the Hype synth presets or data? Does anyone know where the files are at on the Force? They may just be simple wavetables. That could be really fun if that was the case (user wavetables).

I’m not a coder, but is there anything I can do to help the cause?

Thanks.

A fellow member contacted me a week ago in regards to the force content and giving insight on it but that person is a pretty busy soul and is on a limited schedule which I completely understand.

I personally havent come across that content myself, i dont own a force so i cant extract it on my own. It requires a force user with an SSH enabled firmware from https://github.com/thekikgen and a little command line knowledge.

It's not a complex task but i dont feel good about promoting the idea of people poking around the inside of their force or mpc units if they arent comfortable or familiar with the use of ssh.

I'd love to get even 1 of the presets and oscillators so I could decipher how they are created. We could then create our own patches for hype.

I can be found on freenode irc generally in the evenings or on weekends under the same alias. If you have a force unit and are familiar with command line linux / remote shell access then you could indeed be a help.
By Ultros Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:19 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:Any chance we are going to see a Hakai version based on the recently (acidentally) posted 3.1.0 firmware version?

giveth me a link, and i'll make it happen. is it on akais site?
By MrOb Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:35 pm
Ultros wrote:
zangetsu01 wrote:Any chance we are going to see a Hakai version based on the recently (acidentally) posted 3.1.0 firmware version?

giveth me a link, and i'll make it happen. is it on akais site?

This will be great! ;)
By Ultros Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:39 pm
Not having much luck, glibc has changed. I cant replace libc or the linker. so we have to wait for the mpc software to be running the same build version as the force. I may be able to work around it sticking it in a non standard prefix and trying some stuff. Not motivated to try though... messing with libc is kryptonite.
By Seaninnj Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:12 pm
T-Monk wrote:Actually, you can use the pads of the MPC One to record! You just need to launch the clip, then press the Program Edit button. Whenever you want to record, just hit the OverDub button.

This tip just saved my sanity. I am a newbie to HAKAI and am struggling to get my bearings. I haven't located a manual for it yet so figuring my way out slowly.
By tomko43 Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:51 am
Hello Ultros.
I don't have Facebook and that's why I'm writing directly to you.
I have an Mpc One+ and I followed the instructions on your github page. I renamed the USB drive to HAKAi. I loaded the MPC-CFW-Dec-08-2023-main firmware. I changed export HAKAI_UNIT_MODE="FORCE" and after restarting my MPC it shotingdown all time
please help