The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By Joseph_Music Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:05 pm
hey everyone i would love to customize my MPC 2500 i had it since it came out and i need a major upgrade on it so i would like to paint it and make it look like the MPC 2500 SE. what do you guys think for painting it should i do power coating and for the lettering should i do screen printing the letters back on it all.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:24 pm
Joseph_Music wrote:
**** wrote:yes

how do i get the layout for the mpc for the screen printing on the lettering?

You'll need to create it, some MPC operating manuals have a scale PDF drawing inside, I don't think the 2500 does. http://www.mpc-tutor.com/akai-mpc-manuals/

I know we've had pro modders here before who've created their own but for obvious reasons didn't want to part with the digital file, no matter what $$$ people were offering them.

You might be able to extract something from one of Akai's official product images, or take your own images and work from that (watch out for lens distortion).

Alternatively just make it entirely from scratch, manually using old school tracing and measuring, although it doesn't have to 100% match the original. I believe the general text font is helvetica (or some variant)
By Joseph_Music Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Joseph_Music wrote:
**** wrote:yes

how do i get the layout for the mpc for the screen printing on the lettering?

You'll need to create it, some MPC operating manuals have a scale PDF drawing inside, I don't think the 2500 does. http://www.mpc-tutor.com/akai-mpc-manuals/

I know we've had pro modders here before who've created their own but for obvious reasons didn't want to part with the digital file, no matter what $$$ people were offering them.

You might be able to extract something from one of Akai's official product images, or take your own images and work from that (watch out for lens distortion).

Alternatively just make it entirely from scratch, manually using old school tracing and measuring, although it doesn't have to 100% match the original. I believe the general text font is helvetica (or some variant)

what size font is it?
By Cali Paid Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:59 pm
Ouch so that's how they do it they screen print it that's right up my alley been screen printing for 8 years now and I didn't even think about that smh